7 months ago
Parker Hannifin is a Fortune 250 global leader in motion and control technologies. For 100 years the company has engineered the success of its customers in a wide range of diversified industrial and aerospace markets.
Parker Aerospace, an operating segment of Parker Hannifin Corporation, is one of the world’s leading producers of flight control, hydraulic, fuel, inerting, fluid conveyance, thermal management, and engine systems and components for the aerospace industry. We design and build equipment for virtually every aircraft and aero engine being produced in the world today.
In addition to game-changing technology, our customers look to us for shorter lead times, lower costs, higher reliability, and lifetime support. All coupled with the positive attitude and innovative thinking of a true business partner.
Parker Aerospace provides unmatched performance for both our customers and shareholders, built on a foundation of integrity, innovation, and customer satisfaction. As a result, our business has seen consistent growth and, best of all, our team members share in Parker’s success.
Customer Service Account Admin (Accounts Receivable), Customer Support Operations – Irvine
This position will have an accounts receivable job scope which includes monitoring customer balances and credit limits, tracking and complying with individual customer invoicing requirements, posting cash received daily, investigating and resolving customer debits and issuing related sales adjustments, establishing and conducting weekly or monthly customer meetings as needed, performing credit and collection functions, completing General Ledger journal entries and account reconciliations. Works closely with Corporate Credit and Contracts.
1. Administers and/or provides oversight for assigned customer accounts in response to parts returned for service or replacement. Evaluates customer performance requirements, delivery schedules, and reviews estimates of material and labor costs.
2. Provides mutually acceptable solutions to customer problems that impact cost or schedule. Negotiates requirements across multiple customers, products, and internal teams. Focuses on repair process and stock allocation issues to maximize customer service levels. May re-prioritize repair schedule to meet customer commitments.
3. Investigates and resolves claims or complaints by collecting and analyzing information. Coordinates with relevant functions on technical and/or quality issues; resolves customer complaints concerning invoices or billing discrepancies; researches account histories to assist in collection activities.
4. Approves or authorizes special price quotations and allowances, deductions, and adjustments on a case-by-case basis. Determines the need for amendments or extensions to warranty or service agreements. Determines when customer requested changes are out-of-scope. May confer with management regarding customer credits and precedent-setting decisions.
5. Recommends actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analysis. Analyzes and proposes changes in methods and/or procedures to improve efficiency and the quality of service. May develop provisioning recommendations for new aircraft maintenance agreements.
6. Acts as the point of contact with the customer on assigned accounts. Coordinates customer visits, presentations, and/or audits. Maintains successful, long-term business relationships and contacts with customer procurement employees. May have responsibility to coordinate and ensure coverage for "aircraft-on-ground/critical priority service. May perform customer service administration activities on a limited basis.
7. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing trade publications, and/or participating in professional associations such as the National Contract Management Association (NCMA).
8. Ensures compliance with federal, state, and aerospace industry regulations (e.g. FAA); ensures adherence to requirements and advises management on needed actions.
9. Shares specialized knowledge with others. Represents Company on specific projects. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed. Work assignments may include cross-functional or project team responsibilities (e.g. continuous improvement).
Job Requirements: QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree (BA) in Business Administration or an equivalent combination of education and experience which has provided both theoretical and practical knowledge in the field. Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through two or more years of directly related experience in technical product customer support or contract administration.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of warranty and maintenance agreements, industry practices, regulations, and policies. Knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements related to the aerospace industry and government procurement, if applicable. May require knowledge of international trade and export requirements. Maintains a thorough knowledge of Parker products and customers. Knowledge of and ability to effectively apply implement continuous improvement principles and techniques. Proficient with standard business application software and specialized data analysis or materials systems (e.g. electronic data interface (EDI) or manufacturing resource planning (MRP) systems). Ability to work on a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity where analysis of the situation or data requires thorough identification of factors and analysis of impact; work within general work objectives; evaluate alternative solutions that may require coordination across multiple teams. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret policies and contracts or agreements, and recommend changes to procedures. Ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to negotiate effectively to obtain best prices and terms on repairing, replacing, and delivering products and services. Ability to effectively communicate and present information to team members, team leaders, and customers. Ability to effectively demonstrate team member competencies and participate in goal-setting, performance feedback, and self-development activities.
TYPICAL MENTAL AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit. The employee frequently is required to use hands to operate a computer and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Also expected of the employee is regular attendance, the ability to work cooperatively and professionally with others and members of the public, and the ability to manage multiple tasks at once. Overnight, long distance travel may be required, based on the individual needs of the position.(The essential functions have been provided as examples of types of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. The Company reserves the right to modify the work assignments and/or to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job. The physical and mental demands described above are representative of those required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.)
How to apply:
Please upload resume in Word or PDF format with your online application at parker.com/careers referencing Job ID # 11611. A cover letter summarizing experience against above qualifications is recommended.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most positions.
Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor.