4 months ago
Customer Order Administrator
Business Unit Collins Aerospace
Req IDDate posted 05/18/City Cedar Rapids
Country/Region United States
United States of America
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
This position is directly responsible for supporting the corporation's goals through effective and efficient administration of customer sales orders, related information, and processes from contract award through close-out and archiving of sales orders. The Order Administration group works closely with Contract Managers, Master Schedulers, Shipping Personnel, Program Mgmt., Quality, Production Ops, Engineering, Import/Export Compliance, and various Government or Customer Personnel. The goal is to ensure that customer orders are accurately entered into the SAP through the Sales & Distribution module and where required entry into Wide Area Work Flow for DCMA shipment approval. The selected individual will possess the skills necessary to manage on-going changes from their assigned Contracts Managers and associated SAP Sales Orders.
Other activities include monitoring SAP Shipping, Inventory, and Billing Reports and taking the appropriate actions to resolve discrepancies within our assigned tasks. Based on the previously mentioned activities being proficient with SAP is a must. The Order Administrator performs in a self-directed environment, making decisions that affect sales, profit, and on-time delivery performance. Their duties are moderately complex and detailed requiring knowledge of contract and purchase order structures, customer requirements, invoicing, and quality processes. Strong PC skills are also necessary, particularly the ability to manage and analyze business information using Microsoft Excel. The ability to communicate effectively with a variety of sources within the company and with customers is required.
• Plans, develops and implements strategies for proper contract and warranty fulfillment, ensuring that company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications are met.
• Oversees the development of audits and standards for estimates of material, equipment services, production costs, performance requirements, and delivery schedules and provides consultation on updates that will ensure accuracy, completeness and fulfillment of service contracts and product warranties.
• Oversees all communication with customers on complex and comprehensive contractual rights and obligations related to service contracts and product warranties to ensure that client requirements are met.
• Briefs executive level management on current status and historical trends regarding service contracts and warranties to identify problems and improve overall performance.
• Oversees the finalization of draft bids, process specifications, progress reports and other reports prepared for executive level management review related to service contracts and product warranties to ensure that established quality and customer satisfaction goals are achieved. Conducts contract, licensing, and warranty administration and customer contact activities to provide for proper contract fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications.
• Examines estimates of material, equipment services, production costs, performance requirements, and delivery schedules to ensure accuracy and completeness.
• Prepares bids, processes specifications, progress and other reports.
• Advises management of contractual rights and obligations.
• Compiles and analyzes data.
• Maintains historical information.
Candidates for this role should possess a HS Diploma or AA/AS degree (or other 2-year post high school training) with a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.