7 months ago
Customer Insights & Research Manager
Customer Insights & Research Manager
(based in Budapest)
Purpose of the position:
The Customer Insights & Research Manager reports to the Head of Marketing. The role’s primary responsibilities are
* to gather relevant customer insights and trends
* to provide the business actionable input and recommendation to improve products & services
* to support business in formulating overall marketing, communication and brands strategies and plans, and
* to share customer insights & trend learnings and conclusions across the organisation
Identify Primary & Secondary needs & sources of data:
* Understands internal stakeholders business objectives and needs.
* Identifies customer insights & trends information needed to provide strategic input to short and long-term marketing plans.
* Select and recommends the most appropriate external sources of data and research methodology and techniques needed to uncover customer insights & trends and based on sound understanding of business needs and priorities.
* Actively seeks, collect, synthetize and analyze customer insights & trends information from both primary and secondary sources that are already available (including online)
* Consolidates all external sources of customer insights & trends data.
Manages Research Projects
* Manages all external research efforts across the CMO organization.
* Supervises all research projects from the beginning of briefing out research agencies till the summary and internal deployment (lead, manage, execute, report).
* Takes a consultative approach with business partners; helps to articulate and prioritize information needs and translating business needs into ‘researchable’ objectives.
* Be accountable for projects and ensure they are delivered on time and within budget along with written reports and presentations.
* Lead both quantitative and qualitative research ongoing projects (like Brand Awareness, Customer Satisfaction) and adhoc projects (like FGDs, Price Perception).
* Makes business oriented recommendations.
Supports Business Decision Making with Actionable Recommendations
* Usees sound market research and analysis skills in supporting the CMO teams to make strategic decisions and provide input into key cross-functional projects. Ensures that conclusions and recommendations for all researches conducted are clearly communicated, shared cross-functionally.
* Synthesizes data from multiple sources and translates findings into actionable consumer insights and recommendations based on reports received from the research agencies.
* Develops and articulates new customer insights and ensures learnings are understood by the team.
· Tracks and analyses key customer segment trends on the core markets.
· Provides customer insight inputs into customer profile segmentation and Customer Journey Maps.
* Track, assess and reports brand health performance and its drivers based on various sources of researches, provides input to Senior Brand Manager via identifying key opportunities for differentiation and improvement.
* Provides customer insights input to future product development plans to Commercial teams.
Manage Research Agencies & Budget
* Recommends external agencies to use based on business needs.
* Recommends sustainable and efficient research agency set-up.
* Manages research budget efficiently and accurately.
* Identifies cost saving opportunities.
* Controls the cost associated with research agencies. Provides stewardship for existing agencies
* Completed university or college degree
* Minimum 5 years of professional working experience with a blue-chip, highly customer focused company in other fast growing sectors
* Minimum 5 years of fully fledged experience in research roles at either research agencies or research department
* Strong understanding and experience on research field how to uncover customer insights and trends
* A mix of research vendor/agency and client side experience is a plus
* Experience in working in a cross functional organization and multi-country operations
* Willingness to travel across Europe
* Proficient in developing high quality, reusable, and scalable analytics supporting a wide variety of customer and business outcomes
* Ability to work well under pressure ensuring tasks are prioritized and goals are met
* Has stamina, good presentation and communication skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
* Strong analytical skills, confident with working with large data sets and drive actionable learnings and conclusions from those
* Result-oriented, persistent, dependable and consistent
* Proactive, willing to take initiative and shoulder responsibility