3 months ago
175 years ago, our founder Thomas Cook began this company with a vision to ‘broaden the mind of others and break down the partition walls of prejudice.'
Once describing himself as ‘the willing and devoted servant of the travelling public,’ Thomas Cook was a true pioneer of the travel industry, opening up a world of new destinations and new travel experiences to everyone. By obtaining the best services and prices for his customers, he laid the foundations of the company that still bears his name today.
Thomas Cook is now one of the world’s leading leisure travel groups, supported by around 22,000 colleagues and operating from 15 countries.
Our vision today remains true to Thomas Cook’s ambitions - to be the world’s best loved holiday company
Job title: Grade 2 Crewing Controller
Function: Crew Planning
Reports to: Crewing Manager
Location: Manchester Hangar
This role will work on a shift basis: working 12 hour shifts, on a 2 days and 2 nights with 4 days off shift pattern, covering 24 hours a day and 365 days a year.
Role purpose: To maintain the Flight & Cabin Crew roster within the limitations of the appropriate legislation whilst optimising productivity and minimising crew variable costs.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
* Ensure all rosters are maintained to the requirements of the business and meet all legislative conditions
* Maintain agreed and sufficient levels of standby coverage
* Identify any issues or areas of concern on the rosters and report these to the grade 1 Crewing Controller or Crewing Team Leader
* When disrupted ensure all crew training is either re-planned or communicated to the training dept. so that crew remain compliant with current expiry and training criteria
* Roster assignments made using the most cost effective and fair solution
Skills, know-how and experience:
* Excellent communication skills and team player
* Adapts well to change
* Capacity to build strong and healthy relationships
* Good working knowledge of Word, Outlook and Excel
* Excellent decision maker
* Sabre knowledge or any Crew Planning System is desirable but not essential
* Previous Crew Control experience is desirable but not essential
Key performance indicators:
* Nil regulatory violations
* OTP (15mins) > 83% and OTP 3 hour delays 0.6 %
* Meet performance review targets
Life at Thomas Cook is fast-paced and full of opportunities. We’re a leading international travel company that believes in empowering our people, so when you join us, you’ll be given the chance to create, learn and innovate. You’ll also be given the support and training you need to develop your career in the direction you choose.
As you might expect, our holiday benefits are something special. We’ll give you an allowance towards your holiday every year, depending on how long you’ve been with us. There are also special last minute employee deals, which give you the opportunity to pick up a holiday at an outstanding price. Working for Thomas Cook, you can travel the world for less.
We also offer a flexible benefits package that gives you a range of options to ensure your benefits match your lifestyle.