6 months ago
The Crew Scheduler is responsible for the safety and legality of the Compass Airlines flight crew members in accordance with 14 CFR 121 Chapter 1 (Federal Aviation Regulations) and Compass Airlines Operations Specifications. This position is responsible for keeping current records of crew duty and rest activity. In conjunction with each crew member, the Crew Scheduler is responsible for ensuring that schedules are in compliance with applicable CFRs and labor agreements. The Crew Scheduler will work with other operational personnel to keep all parties informed of crew rest issues, scheduling conflicts and legality concerns.
This Crew Scheduling position is eligible for the Flight Dispatcher Scholarship contingent upon meeting Scholarship requirements. The Manager of SOC or Manager of Crew Scheduling can provide further details on Scholarship requirements upon request. This job description may be changed at any time at company discretion.
* Must be familiar with PC applications
* High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent
* Previous crew scheduling experience
* Knowledge of crew scheduling systems
* Familiar with crew member collective bargaining agreements
* Knowledge of FAR (Federal Aviation Regulations)
* Ability to identify and resolve crew legality/scheduling conflicts
* Ability to multi-task and perform under irregular operating conditions
* Associate’s Degree or higher
There are prolonged periods during which individuals are working seated at a desk with their computer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
Job Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Fundamental understanding and use of MS Office Suite
* Demonstrated strong organizational and time management skills
* Can work independently while still keeping a team perspective
* Must be detail orientated with ability to multi-task on a regular basis.
* Must be a self-starter and be able to show demonstrated ability to be discreet in matters of confidential information.
* Must be flexible with respect to work schedule and willing to assist and support others within the company when needed.
* Must have a strong customer service orientation
* An enthusiastic, out-going personality is a key attribute for success
* Ability to prioritize and coordinate with associated departments
* Answering and handling calls from crew members through the main phone line.
* Provide crew scheduling information to crew members on a daily basis.
* Responsible for confidential and time sensitive material.
* Hours and shifts vary to meet departmental requirements.
* Other duties as assigned.
Job Description Disclaimer:
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.