7 months ago
Boeing Global Services (BGS) is seeking an experienced Courier in Chantilly, VA. This position will be part of a team that is responsible for making routine and special deliveries around the Washington D.C. area.
• Maintains awareness of complex schedule transportation requirements and may need to communicate with multiple administrative personnel to coordinate vehicle and/or driver resources in the most efficient manner.
• Maintains strict confidentiality on all conversations and information heard during transport assignments.
• Records mileage and expenses incurred during driving duties and reports to appropriate personnel for processing.
• Determines most appropriate route to destination by reviewing maps and performing dry runs.
• Maintains awareness of current road systems and conditions by monitoring news and traffic reports, adjusting routes as necessary to avoid delays.
• May provide guidance to less experienced personnel on building layout and access requirements.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Training and Professional Svcs
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
This position requires an active Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) with a Counterintelligence Polygraph U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
- A valid driver’s license
- A clean driving record
- Must be able to work independently, but also interact with team members as applicable
- Must be highly organized and able to pay close attention to detail
- Customer Service experience
- Capable of lifting up to 35lbs on a frequent basis
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (DESIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
- Experience with transportation and logistics services
- Experience operating forklifts and electric pallet jacks
- A valid hazardous material (HAZMAT) CDL license
- Experience operating box trucks
- Experience as a Courier
TYPICAL EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or GED and typically 4 or more years' related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Contingent Upon Program Award