about 1 month ago
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The Controls Engineer position will support the Honeywell Aerospace site located in Phoenix, AZ. Using your technical expertise, you will ensure that equipment, systems and infrastructure associated with manufacturing, test and associated support services is effective, efficient and reliable. In this position, you will support facility maintenance technicians with trouble shooting of process equipment and support with facilities engineering work. This position has the responsibility to engineer, program, troubleshoot, calibrate, maintain and perform preventive and corrective maintenance on a wide range of complex industrial equipment within the Phoenix Engines and San Tan Campus.
Vacuum chambers, heat treat furnaces, ovens, process equipment, Lasers, etc.
Discrete measurement devices, recorders, process control instrumentation, and process control systems
PLC (programmable logic controllers) and associated process equipment
Knowledge of wet processing and plating equipment
Knowledge of industrial waste treatment processes and equipment
Knowledge for energy management system, building control system, facility management system and networking systems
Lead team effort responsible for the design, implementation, operations and maintenance of integrated control systems
Utilize the best available control system technologies and standards to drive innovation, systems reliability and improved process control
Lead integration, start-up and commissioning of industrial controls
Experience should include the configuration of servers (HMI and SQL), clients and communication networks
Supervisory experience and mentorship of industrial electrical, mechanical, and I&C technicians
Lead Technical expertise with I&C field instrumentation, DCS, PLC, SCADA, and HMI systems
Lead preventative/predictive maintenance programs
Hands on field commissioning experience with control systems relating to industrial, commercial systems, process systems, and manufacturing equipment
Coach and lead others
Coordinate project activities
Identify and prioritize work
YOU MUST HAVE
* 2 year Technical Degree
* 10 years experience programming PLCs and working with network systems, troubleshooting and repairing industrial & facilities equipment in a manufacturing environment
* Bachelor Degree in Process Controls, Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering with advanced experience w/ networks & PLC programming
* Honeywell Control Edge, Rockwell PLC’s, and EDI, Alerton energy management systems experience
* Microsoft MCSE Certification, FCC Communication License
* ISA, CCST (Certified Control Systems Technician)
* Aviation Electronics Technician
* Practical working knowledge of electrical and electronic theory
* Practical working knowledge of hydraulic, chemical, electro-pneumatic and mechanical systems
* Practical working knowledge of technical mathematics; function and use of all types of electronic, chemical, and electro-pneumatic test equipment, meters, instruments and basic hand tools
Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.
Careers at Honeywell - Engineering
* Some Travel Required
* Continued Professional Development
* 1st Shift
* Job ID: HRD56897
* Category: Facilities
* Location: 111 S 34th St., Phoenix, AZ 85034 USA
* Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.