2 months ago
AMETEK has over 15,700 colleagues at more than 150 manufacturing locations around the world. Supporting those operations are more than 100 sales and service locations across the United States and in 30 other countries around the world. The company is a New York Stock Exchange company (symbol: AME) and has been listed since 1930. In late 2013, the company was added to the S&P 500 list of companies.
AMETEK’s Corporate Growth Plan is founded on four key strategies: Operational Excellence, Strategic Acquisitions & Alliances, Global & Market Expansion, and New Products. Its objectives are double-digit annual percentage growth in earnings per share and a superior return on total capital.
AMETEK consists of two operating groups:
• Electronic Instruments - a leading manufacturer of advanced monitoring, testing, calibrating, and display instruments for the process, aerospace, power and industrial markets worldwide.
• Electromechanical – a differentiated supplier of electrical interconnects technical motors and systems, and electric motors for floor care and other specialty applications.
AMETEK’s culture reflects the enthusiasm and success of a dynamic, results-oriented organization that has been built upon operational consistency, targeted investment in technology, and strong market positions. AMETEK is decentralized and encourages a varied work structure and work style. The culture is a team-oriented meritocracy and values candor, openness and continuous improvement. The company is results-driven and is known for its high ethics and integrity. A strong work ethic and a sense of engagement create a culture of shared purpose and connection. AMETEK is a down-to-earth, roll-up-the- sleeves environment where people work hard, support each other, and are passionate but polite in their discourse.
The purpose of the BU Controller position is to be the right-hand person to the Business Manager and to provide financial analysis which supports strategic decisions to improve the profitability of the business. The primary responsibility of day-today for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities. This includes direct responsibility for accounting, finance, forecasting, strategic planning and cost accounting.
• Assist in driving financial results of the business to optimize business performance. Serves as a trusted business partner who takes a stand on issues and enables wise decisions
• Work closely with the Manager of the business and management to drive unit performance in achieving budgeted and forecasted financial metrics
• Maintaining effective internal control of business to ensure continued control and protection of assets and an accurate reporting of its financial position.
• Take a direct role and oversee all aspects of the finance and accounting functions of the organization. Self perform many critical tasks
• Ensure credibility by providing timely and accurate financial statements, analysis of budgets, financial trends and work with the sales and operations teams on forecasting
• Develop tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the executive team and make actionable recommendation on both strategy and operations
• Continuous evaluation of short and long term strategic financial objectives
• Establish and maintain strong relationships with senior executives to identify their needs and seek full range of business solutions
• Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities
• Ensure that effective internal controls are adhered to comply with GAAP, SOX, ASC 606 and applicable federal, state, and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting
• Drive the activities regarding working capital management
• Review spending requests for capital expenditures, research and development projects, and major expense projects and provide financial guidance on business unit investments
• Participate in special projects, including acquisition opportunities, and compile a variety of special reports
The Controller must possess outstanding analytical skills, strong communication skills (both verbal and written), proven problem-solving capability, good understanding of GAAP with Sarbanes-Oxley and strong computer skills including MS Office products. Oracle experience is a plus.
Must possess a desire to rapidly advance your career into higher business management positions, and whose past experiences will demonstrate that potential. Receptiveness to relocation opportunities within our corporate structure.
Knowledge, Skills & Experiences:
• BS in Accounting or Finance, MBA and/or CPA highly desirable
• The Candidate will have a minimum of 3-5 years of progressive financial experience in with at least 3 years in a financial management and leadership role in a publicly held company
• Experience in a manufacturing environment
• Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization
• Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis
• High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results orientation
• Strong analytical skills
• Desire to advance your career into higher business management positions
• Must be a team player with a positive attitude
Desired Personal Traits:
The ideal candidate will possess the following personal attributes and values:
• Thrives in a lean, autonomous meritocracy and takes a high degree of personal responsibility
• Is confident, but also unpretentious
• Will bring a well-developed curiosity and passion for improving business operations and achieving results
• Must be willing to roll up their sleeves and engage with colleagues at all levels of the organization
• A natural tendency to partner with business manager; apolitical
• Unquestionable ethics and respect for individual dignity
• A strong work ethic with a track record of achievement
• High energy, high level of urgency, fast-paced and can think fast on his/her feet
• Committed to achieving quality results through appropriate attention to detail and creativity; a disciplined problem-solving style; and a “hands on” approach to work
• The stature, maturity and gravitas to appropriately and professionally take a stand when necessary
• A transparent, open style
• Ability to relate well to all kinds of people within and outside of the organization; a work style that develops rapport, listens, builds constructive and effective relationships, uses diplomacy and tact to build consensus
• Above average business judgment and common sense; a history of solid suggestions and decisions; sought out by others for advice and counsel
• Experience and wisdom to know when and how to engage persons from operations, sales/marketing and other key operating areas, present alternatives, and gain consensus
• A sense of urgency in executing or following a plan
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.