4 months ago
The Ametek Hughes Treitler business unit, with locations in Garden City, NY and Reynosa, is looking for a Controller to effectively partner with the Business Unit VP and his/her staff to ensure orders, revenue, profit and working capital goals are consistently met. In support of this goal, this individual must be a strong finance leader who can effectively perform financial planning and analysis, lead cost accounting functions and ensure all necessary financial controls (SOX) are in place and followed. Key elements include a
hands-on approach, leadership and overall business acumen.
Partner with the Business Unit Manager, Division VP of Finance, peers and subordinates to deliver the KPIs and transform the business.
• Directs preparation of annual budget; assists in the preparation of the Strategic Plan and leads the month-end close and forecast process; owns the books.
• Act as primary financial interface between Hughes Treitler and the TMS Division and Corporate
• Implement new processes (e.g. Lean) and reporting where necessary to improve financial reporting procedures
• Proactively evaluates the results of operations, identifies trends/risks/opportunities and recommends actions to ensure the business unit achieves its commitments.
• Completes financial analysis, Discounted Cash Flow, ROI, Make/Buy, Gross Margin and Pricing Proposals for new business opportunities and capital investments.
• Supervises general accounting, cost accounting, and government compliance.
• Provides technical financial advice and knowledge to others within the function and the broader business unit.
• Maintains effective internal controls to ensure protection of assets and an accurate reporting of financial position. Ensure compliance with all policies and procedures.
• Assists in preparation of government contract proposals and submission of cost and pricing data.
• Aggressively drives improvements in Working Capital.
• Supervises general accounting and cost accounting
Education and/or Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required
• CPA, CMA, MBA a plus
• Experience in a manufacturing finance environment with a working knowledge of manufacturing cost accounting is required
• Prior experience in a public entity with a P & L of preferably $50M+ is desirable
• 5-7 years of manufacturing cost accounting experience (aerospace a plus)
• Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing/TPS experience a plus
• Strong background in GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley Act compliance
• Government contract accounting, familiarity with Federal Acquisitions Regulation (FAR) and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) highly desirable
• International manufacturing experience a plus
• Candidates with experience in a job shop (hi mix / low volume) manufacturing complex mechanical assemblies will be given priority
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Proven team player who has demonstrated capabilities in the following areas: excellent communication, presentation, leadership and interpersonal skills, well developed problem solving
skills; solid organizational skills; and the demonstrated ability to be self-directed and effectively relate to all levels of an organization.
• Looking for a hands-on individual with the ability to see the big picture – comfortable down in the detail as well as presenting to senior management
• Driven to deliver; strong bias to action, accountability for personal delivery and with others; plans, priorities and monitors
performance, holds self and others accountable for delivery
• Proven business partnership skills with the demonstrated ability to work in a matrix organizational environment.
• Ability to work well under pressure, multi task and meet deadlines.
• Demonstrated ability to manage staff, set goals and objectives to meet Business Unit goals as well as the proven ability to select talent and develop subordinates.
• The right person will be ambitious and flexible
• Computer skills to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Hyperion Enterprise and Oracle.
• Looking for an individual who wants to grow
with a successful company
• Travel: < 5% domestic
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.