Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry's best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity. Role:
Control Systems EngineerPay
: £35 LTD CompanyContract:
Monday- Friday, 6 Months Contract, 37 hours Location:
Portsmouth JOB DESCRIPTION:
This role is to be part of an integrated project team to deliver high quality satellite communication system on sea and on aircraft. The control systems role is to provide the domain knowledge to enable the tracking and motion rejection of highly resilient, reliable and robust systems for sea and air.
- Experience in the design of Motion control system
- Familiar with Control system theory such as- MIMO, system identification, Mathematical modelling (transfer function), matrix manipulation, PID, pole placement, adaptive control, fuzzy logic, stability analysis, tracking algorithm, axis transformation.
- Experience of control system modelling, analysis and design using MATLAB Simulink or similar
- Systems engineering experience in capturing system requirements specification and analysis for integrated Mechatronic system (Software, Electrical, Electronic and Mechanical integrated system)
- Knowledge of modern servo drive control technology
- Experience in Instrument design and interface
- Understand the design of Servo control system for an inertially stabilised mobile platform
- Experience in Control of nonlinear disturbance on eg marine/ship environment
- Familiar with Enterprise Architect, DOORS, Matlab Simulink, UML, Model based System engineering, MatCad, Ada programming language
- Knowledge of Inertia stabilisation system based on Rate Gyro for antenna gimbal control Knowledge of SatCom systems
- Knowledge of multi axis gimbal dynamics and kinematics
- Experience in low-voltage electrical system design
- Experience in instrument network interface technology such as Ethernet, CAN/LAN/EtherCAT, distributed IO, RS422/RS485
- Knowledge of Safety critical system design
- Understanding of ship motion and sea states
- Knowledge of RF beacon characteristics
- Knowledge of structural resonance in gimbal design
The successful candidate will be required to apply for and receive a DBS certificate prior to commencement of the contract.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Natalie Dalkin at Line Up Aviation
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”