4 months ago
To provide the aircraft programs with single point control, coordination, reporting, and support liaison. To supervise elements of work associated with staging, scheduling and cost control of the aircraft, and the management of related documentation. To supervise the daily activities of the Control Centre staff (Scheduler, Planner, WO Coordinator, Log Controllers, etc.).To monitor the performance of the individual aircraft, taking the necessary action to address cost or schedule deviations.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
* Direct the Control Centre staff to sequence activities and workload so as to meet schedule requirements.
* Prepare the draft “Work Authorization Instructions, (WAI), for inbound aircraft as required by program.
* Supervise the initialization and update of schedules, while maintaining the integrity of the schedule baselines.
* Review priorities of production orders and adjust as required to meet schedule requirements.
* Coordinate with the material support staff for shortage management including providing RDD’s and reviewing EDD’s in relation to schedule to identify critical parts shortages.
* Coordination with production management to identify and resolve work order issues.
* Coordination with production management to identify and resolve cost performance issues.
* Provide direct support to senior management and program management to compile, assess, evaluate, report and present aircraft performance and status information.
* Monitor cost and schedule performance, highlight negative trends, carry out analysis and initiate corrective action.
* Supervisor and provide oversight of the test flight process including aircrew briefings and preparation of aircraft log sets.
* Prepare briefing packages for SCM’s, PCA’s, PRM’s, etc, and attend aircraft progress meetings as required.
* Ensure data input for completed work orders is completed correctly and in a timely manner.
* Graduate technologist or equivalent combination of training and on job experience.
* Ability to communicate effectively at all levels is essential.
* Sound computer skills with advanced working knowledge of MS Project, MS Excel and JD Edwards.
* Extensive knowledge of production control procedures.
* Ability to direct and supervise multi-disciplines.
* Minimum of five to ten years in Production Control environment.
* Demonstrate a personal commitment to IMP Occupational Health, Safety and Environment policies.Continually focusing on your individual safety and the safety of others who may be affected by your work and to fully comply with all Federal Health and Safety Legislation.
* Participate in Continuous Improvement, Lean & 8S activities in your area.
* Must be eligible to meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Canadian government security clearances.
Internal applicants please use source code: I am an IMP employee.
IMP is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal People, Visible Minority Groups, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations of positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self identify on either your cover letter or resume.