8 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher.
As part of the Sensors & Integrated Systems (SIS) team, you'll help support the development of the next generation of more intelligent, more integrated and more reliable solutions that enhance aircraft safety and performance in the most rigorous flight conditions. We have 100 years of experience, a phenomenal product portfolio, state-of-the-art test labs and the resources to make your ideas shine. Come soar with us.
The nature of our global business is complex, and we rely on our Legal, Contracts and Compliance (LCC) team to help us get the job done. As a valued partner across our business, the LCC team plays a key role in our company's success. Our LCC team members bring their passion, expertise and humor to everything they do, from safeguarding our employees' creative ideas to helping us maintain the highest standards of ethical behavior. Enjoy working with diverse groups? Want opportunities to grow your career at a fast-paced, global enterprise? If you want to bring your legal expertise to the aerospace industry, our team could be a great fit for you.
As a Contracts Specialist, you will be responsible for the performance of activities relating to proposal management for new contracts, negotiation of contract terms and conditions, creation, and negotiation of contracts and special agreements, contract flow down, negotiation of claims and settlements for labor and material costs. This may include audit, control, or liaison functions with both suppliers and customers and overall management of contract compliance to standard procedures.
* Supporting contracting positions and strategy on business terms approach with a focus on mitigating contract liability and risk by driving solid negotiating solutions
* Engage in proposal and contract position review at RFP phase and prior to customer submittal
* Establish and build customer relationships
* Formation of Contracts and special agreements
* Contract review and customer flow down
* Managing commercial item assertions
* Resolve conflicts or disputes with customers relating to contractual compliance or interpretation
* Assure that SIS contracting policies are align with applicable UTAS prescribed policies
* Work closely with Customer Service Representatives, Program Management and Business Development to assure overall compliance to contract review, contract flow down and overall contractual requirements.
* Other duties as assigned by supervision
* Work closely with all levels and functions throughout the organization to assure overall compliance to the contract requirements
* Responsible for complying with direction and objectives in alignment with business unit goals and objectives
* Contributes to the department or business unit by applying their advanced knowledge of one or more functional areas
* Has Contracts expert knowledge, can work independently on contract formation and can effectively drive contract administration activities
* Terms risk summary
* Executed Contract/Agreement
* Contracts compliance to the life cycle of contract
* Background in contracting with commercial, military, and government customers.
* Experience with the negotiation of contracts, NDAs/PIAs, and other types of agreements
* Experience in a customer facing role, dealing with individuals at all levels of an organization
* Excellent communication skills are required, both verbal and written
* Knowledge of FARs, DFARs, and other applicable government /military contracting is beneficial
* Background in contracting in Aerospace and/or defense systems.
* Bachelor's Degree with 3+ years of experience or Master's Degree with 1+ years of experience is required.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.