4 months ago
Whiteley - Hampshire
Specific Job Description
This position reports to the LMUK GSCO Procurement & Contracts Manager, the individual will be authorised to negotiate and make binding decisions on behalf of the company, subject to appropriate approvals and serves as a primary interface with internal customers and external suppliers. They roles includes developing and implementing procurement strategies in conjunction with the various stakeholder teams to satisfy programme objectives; assist in negotiating non-standard terms and agreements as required to meet set objectives.
Reviews proposals, negotiates prices, selects or recommends suppliers, analyzes trends, follows up orders placed, verifies delivery, approves payment, and maintains necessary records. Will prepare request for proposals (RFP) and bid packages.
* Participate and lead as appropriate planning and approval process for negotiation
* Prepare and complete negotiations within approved limits and in a timely manner
* Participate and lead as appropriate fact finding, negotiation and follow up activity
* Negotiate non standard agreements with support as appropriate
* Provide support and assistance to lead as appropriate
* Will assume additional responsibility as directed
Job Reference Number
Hours Per Week
United Kingdom (UK)
Enterprise Business Services (EBS) consists of LMUK IT Services, Payroll, ESH, HR and Finance functions. With employees located throughout the UK, EBS provides UK wide support to the LMUK business areas.
Clearance Required for Role
Graduate, Intern or Apprentice Vacancy?
Required skills, qualifications and experience
* Experienced in working with indirect procurement policies and procedures
* Flexible approach and self-motivated in achieving personal targets/objectives, with the ability to perform with professionalism at all times
* Ability to plan, prioritise and schedule work to achieve multiple, often conflicting, deadlines
* Develop strong positive relationships
* Proven communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills
* Ability to take ownership of procurement initiatives
* Category Management Skills
* International Procurement Experience
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.