about 1 year ago
Manages all contractual activities between the organization and other
parties, clients (government and commercial), vendors, Contractors and teaming
partners, and advises as to company responsibilities under proposed and ongoing
contractual relationships. Negotiates/prepares/ reviews all contracts and
agreements, Courses of Action (COAs) and other forms involving government
procurements, and other company arrangements, including leases, licenses,
purchases, services, insurance, etc. May perform a variety of other tasks,
including assistance with the establishment of company policies and procedures
for management of enforceable contracts; establishing effective contract
compliance procedures; advising the company on risk management to ensure
appropriate actions are taken before committing the company to any contracting
actions; ensuring that provisions of offers are in accordance with relevant
contracting regulations, laws and agreements; maintaining appropriate
contracting. Records as required; assist with contract elements of proposal
preparations, and assist with government Contract Compliance reporting tasks. Requires experience with NSRWA office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Create and issues repair orders for aircraft and aircraft rotable
* Allocates sales orders to repair orders.
* Researches TAT and convertibility.
* Expedites critical repair orders.
* Clears rejects in a timely manner.
* Updates the marketing staff of critical changes in prices or delivery
* Research market for new suppliers as needed and initiates approval via
* Oversees and trains Contract Service Personnel
* Examines estimates of material, equipment, and production costs,
performance requirements, and delivery schedules to ensure completeness and
* Prepares bids, process specifications, test and progress reports, and
other exhibits that may be required.
* Reviews bids from other firms for conformity to contract requirements
and determines acceptable bids.
* Negotiates contract with customer or bidder.
* Issuance and maintenance of repair orders to Suppliers.
* Monitor and ensure the accuracy of existing inventory, including:
contacting Supplier directly to collect proof of delivery; generating scrap
orders and drop-shipments, and/or requesting corrected documents.
* Review and resolve all repair order rejects within 30 days of receipt.
* Maintain a personal accomplishment log and provide it to the Contract
Services Director on a weekly basis.
* Monitor the department’s daily backlog reports and coordinate with the
appropriate Reps to ensure that all customer requirements are met.
* Investigate and negotiate competitive repair pricing.
* Work cooperatively with other members of the Contract Services group to
ensure the highest service level possible to the product lines. This includes actively participating in group
meetings/project teams and consistently striving to improve the organization.
* Ensure that departmental procedures are understood and followed
* Become familiar with Customer special and technical requirements.
* All other duties as assigned.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities
in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws.
Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees;
planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and
disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
* Commitment to company values and ethics
* Dependability: personally responsible,
completes work in a timely manner, and performs tasks accurately
* Motivation: must maintain a positive
attitude and strong work energy
* Teamwork: works harmoniously with others
to get a job done, responds positively to instructions/procedures, and works
well with others
* Strong customer orientation
* Organization: very detail oriented and
always comes prepared
To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements
listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
BS/BA in logistics, engineering, computer science, information systems,
math or business. Masters of Science desired.
* 5 years or more current experience
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work
environment characteristics described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be
regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about the facility. The
environmental characteristic for this position is an office setting. Candidates
should be able to adapt to a traditional business environment.
: United States-Alabama-Huntsville
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran