4 months ago
Contracted Logistic Support (CLS) AutoCAD Engineer
Specific Job Description
Reporting to the LM MTF IMOS Lead, the MTF CLS CAD Engineer will form part of a small team employed within the MTF to provide contracted availability of the Training Devices, allowing the MoD to achieve their Merlin Mk2 training requirement.
A nominal day routine is worked which includes 24/7 callout support on a roster basis to support the training requirement.
· Maintain and update the Mechanical System Trainers Drawing sets.
· Produce and update CAD drawings as required.
· Maintain processes and procedures for the LM drawing office at RNAS Culdrose to BS308/BS8888:2006, DEF-STAN 05-10 Issues 4 & 5 standards.
· Liaise with CM, QA and Engineering for the certification of drawing sets.
· Maintain drawing office software and hardware requirements
· Maintain drawing borders, registry tool and family trees/BoM.
· Assist in maintenance, fault diagnosis, fault rectification and installation of mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
· Assist in/Carry out sheet metal and mechanical fabrication.
· Assist in electrical and electronic routine servicing, maintenance, fault diagnosis, rectification and system installations.
· Support Modification engineering through design and production of upgrades to the Mechanical System Trainer, Weapons Systems Trainer and Multi-Purpose Trainer.
· Monitor performance and scheduled maintenance of the MTF HVAC system.
· Ensure the accurate collation of maintenance documentation.
· Liaising with cognitive engineers and subcontractors as appropriate.
· Ensure the timely resolution of all customer reported faults to minimise the impact upon the training schedule.
· Use of task specific and bespoke IT applications as required.
· Processing site visitor notifications.
· Advice and assist in Closed Loop Analysis as required to proactively reduce ‘No Fault Founds’ and facilitate continuous improvement
· Adhere to, engineering and logistics’ Standards and Practices in accordance with ISO 9001, MAP 01, MAA MRP 4000 SERIES RA’s, AP 100A-01 and JSP 883 where applicable
· Comply with the current Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) and Environment, Safety and Health (ESH) regulations.
The role will not be authorized to provide services to Lockheed Martin, which are directly related to business development, acquisition, or sales efforts for a Lockheed Martin customer or potential customer. Any exception to this rule can only be granted, in advance, by the Lockheed Martin UK Business Practices representative or legal counsel representative.
Job Reference Number
Hours Per Week
United Kingdom (UK)
Established in 1991, Rotary and Mission Systems Integrated Systems (RMS IS), is a leading prime contractor and systems integrator responsible for a wide portfolio of high technology programmes, complex integration, training and through-life support, spanning the defence and civil sectors. The LM RMS IS business, a leading provider of systems engineering, software development and complex programme management for global security, cyber, civil and commercial markets.
Clearance Required for Role
Graduate, Intern or Apprentice Vacancy?
Required skills, qualifications and experience
* Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline or 5 years’ experience in aircraft and/or equivalent engineering and systems maintenance.
* Working knowledge of Configuration Management and Drawing Office principles and practices.
* Be competent in the use of AutoCAD or Catia with experience in a Drawing Office environment.
* Proven diagnostic skills and an understanding of systems engineering.
* An engineering background with a working knowledge of safety with regard to Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) and Environment, Safety and Health (ESH) regulations Cognizant of Electrostatic Protection Area regulations and working practices when working with Electrostatic Sensitive Devices.
* Competence in the use of mechanical workshop machinery including metal and wood cutting tools.
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
* Working knowledge of military aircraft training system support and maintenance activity.
* Knowledge of Merlin Mk2 and military rotary wing systems, airworthiness and safety responsibilities including support and role equipment Good time and man management skills with the ability to prioritise resources to react to operational requirements.
* Ability to work under general direction only, independently capable of determining and developing approach to complex solutions.
* Able to work effectively within a fast-paced environment.
* Completed the ESH Managing Safely course.
* Quality training.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.