3 months ago
Parker Hannifin is a Fortune 250 global leader in motion and control technologies. For 100 years the company has engineered the success of its customers in a wide range of diversified industrial and aerospace markets.
Parker Aerospace, an operating segment of Parker Hannifin Corporation, is one of the world’s leading producers of flight control, hydraulic, fuel, inerting, fluid conveyance, thermal management, and engine systems and components for the aerospace industry. We design and build equipment for virtually every aircraft and aero engine being produced in the world today.
In addition to game-changing technology, our customers look to us for shorter lead times, lower costs, higher reliability, and lifetime support. All coupled with the positive attitude and innovative thinking of a true business partner.
Parker Aerospace provides unmatched performance for both our customers and shareholders, built on a foundation of integrity, innovation, and customer satisfaction. As a result, our business has seen consistent growth and, best of all, our team members share in Parker’s success.
Customer Support Operations – Irvine, Req 12502
Contract Manager – Commercial Contracts
Responsible for the leadership of the contract management function for a Division Site or a major sub-team at a large division. Leads and manages a major contract or combination of contracts with broad scope and complexity. Leads and/or participates on a division team to develop and administer complex contracts and negotiations. May lead multi-divisional contract negotiations. Supports the division and/or site with strategic and tactical goals, policies, and procedures, and by ensuring contract and regulatory compliance.
1. Manages and is accountable for the performance of assigned contracts and programs. Leads complex negotiations and ensures coordination within and across internal teams. May lead multi-divisional contract negotiations.
2. Provides knowledge of division systems, products, and services and understanding of division goals and strategies in developing contracts and proposals. Supports Division contracts function by effectively implementing and following through on strategic initiatives.
3. Leads team in performing analysis, interpretation, investigation, and research of complex contractual information. Advises team and leadership on contract interpretation and in developing solutions and formal recommendations.
4. Evaluates the company’s contractual risk in terms of cost exposure (e.g. compensation of damages/costs associated with performance); establishes review processes to mitigate risk during contract performance. Manages contractual change control process (e.g. in accordance with the program management change control procedures). Ensures an effective flow down of contract requirements in accordance with established Policy and Procedures.
5. Oversees and approves task planning on multiple contracts. Approves resource requirements and effort estimates. Applies understanding of program financial reporting methods.
6. Establishes direction for functional team and direct reports. Develops and mentors others. Champions professional certification and career development for the Group contracts administration/management community.
7. May execute the duties associated with Export and Import Compliance, including division- or site-wide Export Compliance Program. May act as Division's Export Administrator back-up.
8. Investigates and resolves compliance problems and responds to questions from internal or customer sources and government regulatory agencies. May draft or prepare responses on behalf of Group/Division positions.
9. Maintains and coordinates contacts with domestic and foreign civilian and military representatives, as well as customers and government agency officials. Analyzes problem/opportunity areas, structures data-gathering and evaluation of internal processes, and coordinates responses.
10. May research, develop, and manage activities related to international business development activities (e.g. contract terms for use with non-U.S. customers and suppliers; international letters of credit). Supports low cost strategies and opportunities associated with international supplier and offset strategies and assisting with negotiations. Develops recommendations for general and specific courses of action.
11. Coordinates training and business meetings to facilitate the exchange of information on contract review. Develops and implements programs to increase cross-functional knowledge and awareness of contracting requirements and policies as needed.
Job Requirements: Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree (BA) in Business Administration or a related discipline. Contracts management certification preferred. Advanced degree (MS/MBA/JD) may be preferred.
· 8 or more years of related experience, including 4 years in leadership and/or project lead role. Demonstrated leadership of multiple contracts of varying complexity and scope.
· Requires contract management certification. May require Program Management certification or other certifications as appropriate to the job function.
· Prior training and experience in leadership concepts and management principles.
· In-depth knowledge and understanding of the contract management processes and all contract types. Strong knowledge of regulations and laws applicable to contracts. May require in-depth knowledge in a broad range of export Regulatory Requirements and certification as an ECoP or equivalent.
· Able to lead process improvements; able to oversee/conduct training and rollout efforts to institutionalize process improvements.
· Proficient in contract management concepts, tools, techniques, and risk management. Strong negotiation skills. Comprehensive knowledge of legal principles and ability to identify high-risk terms; understanding of the impact of key terms to flow down.
· Demonstrated ability to create strong partnerships with the contract customers, end use customers, and suppliers.
· Has detailed knowledge of the product lines and marketplace associated with the fielded products. Has in-depth knowledge of applied technology and processes on assigned contracts and programs.
· Demonstrated use of business concepts and accounting principles associated with project cost and budgetary planning/control. Thorough understanding of relationships between basic product, program and operational information related to contracting. Solid understanding of estimation methods, critical path analysis, and earned value techniques.
· Ability to effectively communicate and present status, actions, recommendations, and other technical information with clarity and precision. Able to respond to significant inquiries from customers, regulatory agencies, or other teams. Able to influence business decisions and negotiate resource allocation.
· Effectively uses current information technology, systems, and business applications related to contracting and customer/supplier interface; is proficient with standard software (e.g. Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes), project management and database analysis tools.
· Ability to quickly identify and address critical issues on programs and contracts and lead the team to develop action plan to improve performance.
The essential functions have been provided as examples of the type of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. The Company reserves the right to modify the work assignments and/or to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions. The job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities. It is intended to describe the general nature of the position.
HOW TO APPLY
Please upload resume in Word or PDF format with your online application at parker.com/careers referencing Job ID 12502. A cover letter summarizing experience against above qualifications is recommended.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most positions.
Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor.