4 months ago
Parker Hannifin is a Fortune 250 global leader in motion and control technologies. For 100 years the company has engineered the success of its customers in a wide range of diversified industrial and aerospace markets.
Parker Aerospace, an operating segment of Parker Hannifin Corporation, is one of the world’s leading producers of flight control, hydraulic, fuel, inerting, fluid conveyance, thermal management, and engine systems and components for the aerospace industry. We design and build equipment for virtually every aircraft and aero engine being produced in the world today.
In addition to game-changing technology, our customers look to us for shorter lead times, lower costs, higher reliability, and lifetime support. All coupled with the positive attitude and innovative thinking of a true business partner.
Parker Aerospace provides unmatched performance for both our customers and shareholders, built on a foundation of integrity, innovation, and customer satisfaction. As a result, our business has seen consistent growth and, best of all, our team members share in Parker’s success.
Customer Support Operations, Logistics Services
Contracts Administrator Senior – Req 11324
Administers contracts for complex products and systems to ensure fulfillment of contractual fiscal and performance obligations. Defines requirements, generates proposals, monitors performance, negotiates pricing and terms, and ensures compliance with contract requirements. May determine customer requirements for new products and/or systems (i.e. Proposals that include engineering design and system hardware) and other specialized assignments.
The responsibilities of this position may include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Administers specialized and/or major contracts by analyzing performance requirements and customer purchase order requirements including those issued against Basic Contract Agreements and/or Long-Term Agreements. Includes analysis and negotiation of performance to delivery schedules, pricing, terms and conditions and other contract provisions.
2. Determines technically and commercially compliant proposal packages of diverse scope and complexity for major customers in response to customer and contract requirements. Evaluates performance requirements, delivery schedules, and estimates of costs of material, equipment, and labor hours.
3. Initiates bid process by identifying requirements and coordinating input from other functions. Develops responses to requests for proposal (RFP) of difficult scope and complexity by reviewing bid process procedures, reviewing material, test, and other requirements, and preparing appropriate responses. Prepares and submits complex proposals.
4. Negotiates complex contract requirements in accordance with legal and company regulations and policies. Negotiates price, terms and conditions, deliveries, and other business issues within scope of responsibility. Ensures contract provisions are clear and conform to company policy.
5. Investigates and resolves claims or complaints by collecting and analyzing information. Coordinates with relevant functions on technical and/or quality issues, data requirements, and other business issues as applicable.
6. Monitors contract performance by determining compliance to contract requirements and determining the need for amendments or extensions to the contract. Determines when customer directed changes are out-of-scope.
7. May be responsible for division or site export compliance administration and training to ensure company data and intellectual property meets all regulatory requirements.
8. Acts as the point of contact with the customer on assigned contracts and participates in customer presentations.
9. Maintains current professional and technical knowledge and may participate in professional associations (e.g.the National Contract Management Association (NCMA or the International Association of Commercial Contract Management).
10. Complies with the federal, state, and aerospace industry regulations; ensures adherence to requirements and advises management on needed actions.
11. May provide guidance to others in contracts, a related function, or a business team. Acts as prime contact on high level projects. Shares specialized knowledge with others; trains and mentors less experienced employees.
· Bachelor’s degree (BA) in Business Administration or a related discipline. Contract management certification preferred.
· Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through six or more years of progressive experience.
· Thorough knowledge of contract administration principles, industry practices, regulations, and policies. Knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements related to contract administration, government procurement, and export compliance if applicable.
· Maintains a thorough knowledge of corporate and division policies and administrative procedures.
· Ability to respond to significant inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
· Ability to negotiate effectively to obtain best prices and terms on products, materials, and services.
· Ability to work on a variety of problems of diverse scope and complexity where analysis and evaluation of various outcomes require tradeoffs.
· Ability to effectively communicate and present information to team members, team leaders, vendors, customers, and top management.
· Prefer current professional certification (i.e. the National Contract Management Association (NCMA or the International Association of Commercial Contract Management (IACCM)).
The essential functions have been provided as examples of the type of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. The Company reserves the right to modify the work assignments and/or to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions. The job description is not intended to be an all inclusive list of duties and responsibilities. It is intended to describe the general nature of the position.
HOW TO APPLY
Please upload resume in Word or PDF format with your online application at parker.com/careers referencing Job ID # 11324. A cover letter summarizing experience against above qualifications is recommended.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most positions.
Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor.