5 months ago
STS Technical Services has partnered with ARAUCO and is hiring Continuous Improvement Plant Engineers in Grayling, Michigan!
ARAUCO is a global manufacturer of sustainably-produced forest product solutions for construction, industrial, and retail markets. With over 120 facilities worldwide, we manufacture and distribute the industry’s most-comprehensive selection of wood composite panels, premium plywood, millwork, lumber, and FSC-certified wood pulp.
ARAUCO is growing in North America, with innovative manufacturing, state-of-the-art facilities, and a commitment to make a difference in the communities where we are located. We are seeking the right individuals for high-caliber opportunities in manufacturing, supply chain, maintenance, safety, and other related fields. This is a direct-hire role with benefits. We look forward to considering you as part of our team at ARAUCO!
Description of Essential Duties:
* Perform the duties required involving application of intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments, capitol projects and related fields.
* Make decisions independently on engineering problems and methods, advanced techniques and the modification and extension of theories, precepts, and practices of own field and related sciences and disciplines.
* Executes duties with a view to achieving mill efficiency, continuous improvement, employee safety and cost savings.
* Primary site leader and facilitator of operational excellence (O.E.) initiatives.
* The position will provide coaching and continuous improvement training to O.E. teams to achieve positive results in cost reduction, production improvements, safety, environment, quality and customer satisfaction.
* Apply scientific principles as directed, investigate appropriate methods/procedures and proposes integration into engineering projects
* General contributor in application of engineering and scientific principles to meet technical requirements
* Propose technical concepts, plan for implementation, review technical progress, review design tests, review performance data, and suggest solutions to technical problems
* Interact with other technical personnel sharing general advice, training and technical guidance
* Overall site management of Capital and Engineering coordination.
* Participates in Annual Plan development
* Ensure the appropriate internal and external resource is applied to equipment and process issues and initiatives
* Ensure there is a focus on the key metrics that drive business results
* Overall responsibility for management and optimization of internal energy consumption (hog/gas/elect)
* Oversight for all engineering documents and control of same
* Overall responsibility for Cost Savings Initiatives
* Supports Maintenance and Operations in key reliability improvement initiatives
* Help lead development of KPI and train staff in the use of KPI’s to focus on continuous improvement
* Assist O.E. teams in development and preparation of documents and process improvement tools
* Provide coaching and guidance, through the operational excellence process
* Help teams identify opportunities for continuous improvements
* Work with plant functional areas in the development and maintaining of dashboards and other communication tools
* Participate in monthly operational collaboration calls
* Train plant staff in continuous improvement techniques. (SPC, TQM, Six Sigma, etc)
* Use analytical troubleshooting, SPC, Six Sigma, 5S, Kaizen events, and LEAN techniques to measure and quantify variations and gains.
* Responsibility for Optimization of total Grayling business and staff involvement development focused on meeting customer needs.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Bachelor degree in engineering. Mechanical/Electrical Engineering preferred or
* Minimum 3 years of capitol/project management experience with project expenditures in excess of $500,000, preferably in a manufacturing environment
* Strategic cost management skills
* Strong process, analytical and data analysis skills; simplify complex situations, identify key issues, problem solve. Sound decision-making abilities
* Vision for future state of process equipment and continual improvement
* High level of troubleshooting ability
* Ability to Effectively communicate and share knowledge
* Experience with Microsoft Office applications
* Must be an analytic and have strong computer software skills
* Ability to undertake multiple projects and manage key business metrics
* Data driven
* Understanding of Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing and SPC
Since this is a direct hire job, our client will provide a full benefits package to you. If you would like to learn more about that package, please call.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.