7 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
You probably never think about it, but the engines on an aircraft need to be housed in safe, aerodynamic structures called “nacelles.” UTC Aerospace Systems’ Aerostructures business is a world leader in nacelle technology, which leads to better fuel efficiency, less engine noise and critical stopping power when the airplane lands. Today, our innovative nacelle systems are featured on many of the world’s newest and most game-changing airplane platforms. And we’re not stopping there: we’re working hard to create the next generation of nacelles that are greener, quieter and more efficient. In addition, our Engineered Polymer Products division is a leading developer and manufacturer of advanced, high-performance composite structures and products for marine applications. Whether in the air or underwater, we’re pushing the limits of innovation. Want to join us on this important journey?
The Continuous Improvement Manager position is responsible for managing projects related to Achieving Competitive Excellence and Continuous Improvement strategies and activities on behalf of the International Trade Compliance team at the Aerostructures business unit.
* Design Achieving Competitive Excellence (ACE) strategies and oversee all ACE activities involving the International Trade Compliance (ITC) team according to ACE standards.
* Coaching ITC colleagues through ACE projects, leading ACE meetings, and representing ITC at ACE-related meetings and councils within Aerostructures and UTAS Aerospace Systems.
* Manage the ITC progress on its ACE Board and plays a key leadership role in planning and holding annual Macro Plan events.
* Collaborate with colleagues at all Aerostructures sites as well as UTAS Aerospace Systems personnel.
* Participate in other activities within the ITC team, including investigations into potential process breakdowns (such as refer backs and escapes) and implementation of resulting corrective actions.
* Certified ACE Practitioner
* Six Sigma, Lean processing, experience in continuous improvement processes and tools
* Manage diverse projects, including tracking plans to commitments and driving actions to a fully documented closure;
* Effectively communicate ideas, challenges, and recommendations;
* Assess current practices and identify improvement opportunities;
* Motivate and influence colleagues from other teams within Aerostructures, and;
* Work on a cross-functional team and effectively coordinate with international sites.
* An understanding of the aerospace industry is highly desirable.
* Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business Administration or Information Technology with 7+ years experience required
* Master's degree in Engineering, Business Administration or Information Technology with 5+ years experience preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.