about 1 year ago
The AAR summer internship program offers college students an opportunity to develop professional skills and gain valuable work experience. The Intern will have meaningful and challenging work assignments that complement students' academic training and career goals. Interns will begin in early June, finish in early August and work a paid 40-hour week.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
drive all cost savings initiatives currently in progress (Material, Labor)
track all savings so it can be presented across the company and to stake
with all process improvement initiatives.
strong communication across the company and with stakeholders.
accomplish cost savings goal
drive culture changes across the company with regards to eliminating waste and
being cost conscious.
All All other duties as assigned.
- Commitment to company values and ethics
- Dependability: personally responsible, completes work in a timely manner, and performs tasks accurately
- Motivation: must maintain a positive attitude and strong work energy
- Communication: excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills
- Organization: very detail oriented and always comes prepared
- Initiative: plans work and carries out tasks without detailed instructions, prepares for problems or opportunities in advance, undertakes additional responsibilities
- Continuous learning: ability to learn new procedures and adapt to change
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Working towards or recently graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree (B.A.) or Bachelor of Science degree (B.S.) in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or Business Administration from four-year college or university.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about the facility. The environmental characteristic for this position is an office setting. Candidates should be able to adapt to a traditional business environment.
: United States-Florida-Miami- Landing Gear Services
AAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.