2 months ago
AVK Industrial Products, a Precision Castparts Company, manufactures superior mechanical inserts, studs, compression limiters, installation tools and military standard bolts. AVK produces blind installed threaded fasteners for transportation and general industrial markets worldwide. We use state of the art high-speed cold forming equipment to produce blind installed threaded inserts and studs. We feature product lines of both unified (INCH) and metric fasteners along with numerous special designs that meet customer application requirements. AVK Industrial Products is currently seeking a full time Continuous Improvement Engineer to join our team.
Summary: The CI Engineer has the primary responsibility of leading the facility lean journey. Define, design, and implement continuous improvement programs to ensure programs are integrated vertically and horizontally across the organization. Define improvement projects that are aligned with business strategies. Analyze improvement programs and potential results. Facilitate and coach improvement teams. Establish and maintain performance metrics to measure program success. Install process excellence support for program governance, project reviews, communications, training, certifications and rewards. May have Six Sigma certification. May require work/travel at another division, facility or office location.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Serve as the local Division point-of-contact for lean and continuous improvement (CI) projects, training, initiatives, and issues.
• Support productivity improvements with new capital investment ideas and improving performance of existing machine.
• Develop and maintain customer required continuous improvement processes, policies, and procedures.
• Support functional areas with lean and CI training, process definition and optimization, and implementation and metrics planning.
• Review lean and CI initiatives, processes, and procedures and recommend changes to ensure alignment with company goals.
• Recommend changes to encourage and achieve efficient horizontal and vertical integration of Division top-down goals, along with 'best-practices' gathered from bottom-up review.
• May occasionally perform special projects; Perform other duties as assigned.
• Experience conducing lean/CI workshops such as accelerated improvement, production preparation, value stream mapping, 5S.
• Good working knowledge of MS Office Suite.
• Well versed in ISO 9001:2015 & IATF 16949:2016 Quality requirements.
• Experience with project management tools like Microsoft Project.
• Good blueprint reading and manufacturing/inspection related math skills.
• Strong understanding of the concepts and capabilities that pertain to complex manufacturing.
• Excellent verbal and written skills and an ability to work proactively in a teamwork environment.
• Take leadership role willingly, manage time, priorities, written reports, metrics, and presentations without supervision.
• Ability to affect changes from non-reporting personnel.
• Attention to detail.
• Willingness to observe, train others, and make 'win-win' type recommendations.
Education and/or Experience: 3+ years recent complex manufacturing environment experience
Level of Education: BA/BS in Industrial, Manufacturing, or Mechanical Engineering, Lean/Six Sigma certification desirable.
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.