3 months ago
Location: AA Headquarters 1 (DFW-HDQ1)
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 26449
Join us for a career with endless possibilities.
Looking for a job where a passion for innovation, a culture of teamwork, and opportunities for growth are valued and rewarded? You’ve come to the right place.
You don’t have to be an airline aficionado to join American Airlines. It takes more than cool planes to keep us ahead of the curve, and thanks to our team of behind the scenes professionals, we do just that. As the largest airline in the world, American Airlines is in the business of serving the global travel needs of our customers. At the core of the Company is our commitment to each customer and each employee. We are dedicated to developing and delivering what our customers value and are willing to pay for. Customer-centric planning, innovative marketing, and an exceptional customer experience are supported by a cadre of talented people.
What does it take to join us? We’re glad you asked! We expect exceptional skills in your discipline and a dedication to being the best as we relentlessly pursue our goal of being not just the largest airline in the world, but also the best airline in the world.
Fortunately, we’re building on almost a century of innovation and firsts in our industry – and we plan to continue that tradition of excellence.
About The Job
American Airlines is looking for a talented and driven individual with strong analytical skills to join our Operations Research and Advanced Analytics (OR&AA) team. At American, data and analytics drive decision making. As part of the OR&AA team you will play an integral role in supporting decision making across the airline. You will work with cross functional teams to shape the airline’s business and technical strategies by analyzing and interpreting large datasets. You will use advanced analytical and statistical methods to identify opportunities and deliver actionable recommendations to our business partners. You will develop proof of concept prototypes to prove out hypotheses and deploy decision support tools that integrate with existing systems. You will also research new trends in the industry and utilize state of the art technology and algorithms.
The OR&AA team at American Airlines has a long history of being on the leading edge of analytics in the airline industry. Our diverse team of passionate analytics professionals supports decision making across the airline, including pricing and revenue management, fleet and network optimization, crew and flight scheduling, airport and maintenance operations and customer/social media analytics. We are constantly on the lookout to bring together new and exciting technologies such as big data, with cutting edge analytical methods to create a competitive edge for American.
Specifically, you’ll do the following:
* Works with a team of analytics professionals and cross functional teams to identify business opportunities and quantify business impacts
* Obtains, manipulates, cleans, and analyzes large structured and unstructured data from diverse sources; develops statistical/machine learning models to drive value for our partners
* Researches and develops forecasting and optimization methods to solve difficult non-routine analysis problems
* Finds useful relationships between different data domains, with the goal of improving internal and external operations, revenue, and ultimately, the customer experience
* Crafts compelling stories based on logical recommendations to provide actionable insights that drive informed decisions
* Promotes data driven decision making
* Master’s or PhD Degree in a Quantitative Discipline (Operations Research, Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Decision Sciences, Statistics, etc.)
* Depth of knowledge in at least one OR skill area (optimization, simulation, analytics, etc.)
* Practical experience in data extraction, cleansing, and analysis
* Expertise in at least one computer programming language (Python, R, C++, Java, SAS, etc.)
* Experience with data visualization software (Tableau, Qlik, Zoomdata, etc.)
* Experience using databases and writing complex queries involving various joins, aggregation functions, sub queries, update/alter tables
* 2 years of experience in a technical, professional environment
* Demonstrated aptitude for independent learning, logical analysis, problem identification, and problem solving
* Experience working in a consulting role
* Familiarity with Big Data Technologies
* Familiarity with Machine Learning techniques
* Domain knowledge in the airline industry
* Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and written with all levels within the organization
* Ability to explain technical concepts and adjust messaging based on the audience, including non-technical groups
* Ability to influence through outstanding interpersonal skills, collaboration, and negotiation skills
* Ability to work well within a team environment, as well as independently
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 26449
Nearest Major Market: Fort Worth
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Operations Manager, Analytics, Data Analyst, Engineer, Operations, Management, Data, Engineering