about 1 month ago
To provide Configuration and Data Management support to Aerospace programs/projects, with emphasis on the update and maintenance of CM Databases. To provide technical administration to Engineering. To write consolidated aircraft completion reports on in-house aircraft.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
* Review of new and revised drawings and drawing supplements (MEOs)
* Assist in preparation of Configuration and Data Management Plans
* Review and release of engineering deliverables (CDRLs and SRQs)
* Preparing Engineering Change Proposals (ECPS).
* Support the CP140 Programs through review and processing of Requests for Engineering Services Non-Standard Repairs and Requests for Deviations and Waivers
* Coordinate, generate and deliver Final Aircraft Completion Reports
* Monitoring incorporation of modification leaflets into affected drawings.
* Support Asset Managers with the initiation and processing of AF9000+ change process
* Status Accounting activities including the update and maintenance of PDMPlus or applicable CM database(s) with CM Records (Drawings, documents, changes, parts data etc.)
* Request technical data IAW existing TAAs and review incoming data for applicability and forward to correct OPI
* Support the conduct of Technical Reviews and Configuration Audits
* Co-ordinate the introduction of new and revised drawings and drawing supplements into the DND repository (Directa) through the generation and submission of Technical Data Action Notices (TDANs)
* Carry out SPP mandated audits of Engineering drawing and documentation
* Liaise with customers concerning project details
* Respond to customer inquiries, carrying out research as required
* Update monthly reports for the OWSS contract
* Assist in the training of junior personnel
* Carrying out projects as assigned by the Manager, Configuration and Data Management.
* Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent, plus two years post-secondary training in a related technical field.
* One- three years hands on experience in a related technical field, with an additional one (1) year experience in Configuration Magement
* One year experience in database development/management is a requirement.
* Technical writing skills and experience, combined with a solid technical background.
* Thorough knowledge of DND Engineering Administrative procedures and standards.
* Detailed knowledge of configuration control and drawing standards.
* Proficient in MS Office suite
* Good attention to detail
* Self motivated and efficient
* Ability to work with and motivate others
* Demonstrate a personal commitment to IMP Occupational Health, Safety and Environment policies.Continually focusing on your individual safety and the safety of others who may be affected by your work and to fully comply with all Federal Health and Safety Legislation.
* Participate in Continuous Improvement, Lean & 8S activities in your area.
* Must be eligible to meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Canadian government security clearances.
Internal applicants please use source code: I am an IMP employee.
IMP is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal people, visible minority groups, persons with disabilities and women in occupations or positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on your application form, cover letter or resume.