5 months ago
Computer Support Intern
Ampthill - Bedfordshire
Specific Job Description
Have you ever built a PC or Laptop at home or for a friend? Are you the go to person for friends and family when they have problems with their computers? Do you like upgrading your PC to get every last bit of performance out of your hardware? If so it is likely that you have the skills needed for our Computer Support Internship.
The Computer Support Intern position offers the opportunity for a student on an IT related Sandwich course to experience a placement year in industry with a global business. The role will provide first and second line support to company staff for hardware and software, build new computers to the company standard, encrypt USB devices and laptops, support and install MFD, HP printers and plotters. They will also install and support company preferred software packages, learn to set up and support VPN laptops, help support the IT teams with software and hardware migrations, answer telephone and support emails from all levels of users.
Job Reference Number
Hours Per Week
United Kingdom (UK)
Enterprise Business Services (EBS) consists of LMUK IT Services, Payroll, ESH, HR and Finance functions. With employees located throughout the UK, EBS provides UK wide support to the LMUK business areas.
Clearance Required for Role
Graduate, Intern or Apprentice Vacancy?
Required skills, qualifications and experience
* Must be attending an IT or related sandwich course at University.
* Must have knowledge or experience of computer hardware either from University or work outside of academia.
* Must have technical knowledge or experience of Windows operating systems.
* Must have good customer service skills.
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
* Able to interact with people and work in a team, follow process and work without constant supervision.
* Be able to demonstrate commitment or responsibility taken on in extra-curricular activities.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.