6 months ago
ZENETEX specializes in management and technology support services for a variety of federal agencies and commercial organizations. We have an excellent opportunity for a Computer Programmer. Interest and/or experience with virtual environments/game engines is preferred, but not required. This position requires a secret security cleance to start.
Tasking may include and will not be limited to:
* Identifying research requirements and methods to improve current systems and processes.
* Developing software using high order languages that is efficient, readable, and well documented
* Troubleshooting and solving issues that arise during the development or modification of simulation related real-time computational systems
* Analyzing requirements and preparing a software design approach for proposed training system(s); providing alternative design approaches with tradeoff analyses and risk assessments
* Developing cost and lead-time estimates for the software to be developed
* Preparing budgets and plans for the purchase and maintenance of software to be developed
* Conducting analyses to ensure that software designs are cost effective and satisfy requirements
* Developing engineering specifications detailing design, expected performance, testing, and provisions for software acceptance
* Actively maintaining and enhancing job related knowledge and skills in M&S, software development techniques, state-of-the-art computer architectures, emerging technologies, and other software development areas
* Applying decision analysis techniques to ensure that the engineering approach is cost effective and satisfies the training objectives
* Bachelor's degree in electronics or computer engineering, computer science, or equivalent
* Must have C#, Java, SQL, JavaFX and WPF experience
* 3+ years of practical experience in software development associated with modeling and simulation within the training and training systems domains
* Detailed understanding of FOM (Federation Object Model) development
* Proven experience with full software life cycle development
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Candidates meeting the above criteria that also have development experience developing software used to bridge simulation protocols will be given preferential consideration
* Formal training in M&S techniques desired but not required
* This position will require U.S. citizenship and an ACTIVE DoD Secret clearance.
ZENETEX is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.