10 months ago
The Composites Technical Track Engineer will focus on developing and positioning future technical leaders within the Composites Organization through a series of customized rotational assignments focused on an array of core technical competencies surrounding ceramic and polymer matrix composite products. This role will be located at one of the locations within the Composites Organization listed, based on business need, availability of assignment opportunities, and individual talent assessments.
* Manufacture process development, process improvement, new product introduction, and quality
* Be responsible for scheduling, resolving issues, tracking material availability and advising on material usage, as required
* Design / implement manufacturing processes and systems for control / replenishment of materials
* Promote customer satisfaction and develop positive customer relationships
* Plan and implement process-engineering activities for new product development and current products
* Participate and support process-engineering activities for new product development and current product support
* Provide manufacturing method development and improvement for current and new products in compliance with EHS guidelines
* Investigate and apply new technology
* Assist supervisors and production employees in resolving manufacturing process problems
* Provide guidance on resolving manufacturing process problems with supervisors and production employees
* Conduct training, process planning, evaluate operating methods, select controls, and specify tools, fixtures, and gages
Bachelor's Degree in Materials / Ceramics / Polymer Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or university (OR a High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of Composites industry experience))
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening. In addition must have US Persons status due to import/export controls.
Ability and willingness to relocate multiple times throughout the Composite Technical Track based on business need and availability of assignment opportunities. Assignment locations may include Newark, DE; Asheville, NC; Batesville, MS; Baltimore, MD; Cincinnati, OH; Huntsville, AL; Sterling, VA; San Marcos, TX; and other locations that perform Composite work within the United States of America.
* Strong commitment to career in Composites manufacturing
* An analytical approach to problem solving
* Ability and willingness to learn from others
* Ability to influence and lead change
* Demonstrated leadership and a team player
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Desire to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
* Ability to be agile as business needs change and shift frequently
* Familiarity with continuous improvement and lean manufacturing or equivalent quality manufacturing
* Strong commitment to career in engineering, design, and manufacturing
* Possess a minimum cumulative ;3.0 GPA (without rounding)
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Alabama, Alaska, American Samoa, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Guam, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Northern Mariana Islands, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, United States Minor Outlying Islands, Utah, Vermont, Virgin Islands, U.S., Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming; Evendale, Huntsville, Newark, Middle River, Baltimore, Sterling, Asheville, Batesville
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.