5 months ago
The Composite technician is responsible for properly manufacturing and/or repairing composite airfoil assemblies in accordance with specifications.
* Actively support and participate in continuous improvement activities, team meetings, and holding him/herself accountable for sustaining improvements.
* Manufacture composite airfoil structures according to blueprints and specifications through use of VARTM process
* Reads and interprets blueprints in order to determine type of repair and tools required
* Maintain a clean and efficient work area while eliminating F.O.D risks
* Manufactures new bonded structures in accordance with engineering drawings, process specifications, and planning documents.
* Fabricates, assembles, reworks and repairs bonded structures
* Manufactures new parts and assemblies according to engineering drawings, process specifications, and planning documents.
* Assembles composite airfoils following blueprints and specifications.
* Regular and reliable attendance
* Ability to work under stress
* Ability to communicate orally and written
* Education and Training
* High school diploma.
* Must have familiarity with fabrication of skins, doublers and forming detail parts.
* Technical Requirements
* The Composite technician must have a mechanical aptitude, the ability to use precision tools, and the ability to read and comprehend engineering drawings, process specifications, and planning documents.
* Must be able to lift 50 lbs. On consistent basis.