5 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
You probably never think about it, but the engines on an aircraft need to be housed in safe, aerodynamic structures called “nacelles.” UTC Aerospace Systems’ Aerostructures business is a world leader in nacelle technology, which leads to better fuel efficiency, less engine noise and critical stopping power when the airplane lands. Today, our innovative nacelle systems are featured on many of the world’s newest and most game-changing airplane platforms. And we’re not stopping there: we’re working hard to create the next generation of nacelles that are greener, quieter and more efficient. In addition, our Engineered Polymer Products division is a leading developer and manufacturer of advanced, high-performance composite structures and products for marine applications. Whether in the air or underwater, we’re pushing the limits of innovation. Want to join us on this important journey?
Our Engineered Polymer Products division is a leading developer and manufacturer of advanced, high-performance composite structures and products for marine applications.
Whether in the air or underwater, we’re pushing the limits of innovation.
Want to join us on this important journey?
At Engineered Polymer Products in Jacksonville, FL, our top priority is driving our culture focused on our people, innovative ideas, integrity, and performance.
If you are looking for an opportunity to develop your career, then we have a great Composite Technician opportunity for you.
* Receive detailed written instructions from the supervisor, lead technician, or an engineer. Judgments and decisions at this level are guided by clearly described procedures and instructions, and the work consists of recurring steps involved in the assembly of parts, subassemblies, and larger components.
* Perform bonding of materials to fabricate parts and/or for repair applications using products and processes which are varied but generally not complex in scope.
* Fabricate composite into subassemblies for the purpose of pre-fitting in preparation for bonding or curing in presses, ovens, and autoclaves.
* Load and operate presses, ovens and autoclaves. Adheres to equipment requirements and the method and sequences of operation to be followed in fabrication of parts using materials such as fiberglass, epoxy resins, rubber and like materials.
* Layout, pre-fits, assembles and performs lay-up on a variety of composite bonded assemblies.
* Layout and marks dimensions and reference lines on material to develop and trace patterns of product or parts, or uses templates.
* Select tooling and materials compatible with the processing techniques identified in the work instructions.
* Perform complex composite lay-up, vacuum bagging, cutting, repair, autoclave and / or trimming.
* Verify work to ensure a defect free part prior to presenting to quality control (inspection).
* Provide specialized technical assistance and interacts with team members to implement solutions.
* You will need to work in a physically demanding environment at an elevated pace of work for 8 to 12 hours a day.
* Work continuously in prolonged physically demanding postures
* Work assignments require moderate to strenuous effort. Workers must climb, bend, stoop, crawl, and stand for prolonged periods on concrete or metal surfaces. Will frequently lift parts and equipment that weigh up to 9 kilograms (20 pounds). Occasionally, may lift and carry items that weigh up to 23 kilograms (50 pounds) with mechanical lifting devices or assistance from other workers, if required.
* Apply high amounts of force in order to bond rubber materials for extended periods of time
* Operate large manual, electric & pneumatic tools in the assembly and disassembly of large heavy steel structures, molds and fixtures
* Safely work in a team environment rigging, lifting and transporting large multi-ton parts and equipment.
* Occasional exposure to chemicals, wearing a respirator when required
* Read and interpret blueprints, drawings, manuals, specifications sketches, job orders, planning documents, and engineering drawings.
* Apply your skill in the use of production tools and precision measuring instruments; i.e. micrometers, calipers, 6" scales, etc., to a tolerance of .001. Must be able to accurately measure to specification standards.
Due to federal regulation or contracting requirements, this position is only available to U.S. persons.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
Qualification: Basic Qualifications:
* Minimum 1 year of experience in manufacturing, industrial or labor position. Minimum 3 months experience with composites
* Must be willing to reside in Jacksonville, FL area; no relocation or interview expense reimbursement is provided for this role
* Must be willing and able to obtain a secret security clearance.
* At least 3 months of experience in functions related to proper handling and use of frozen pre-preg materials
* Prior aerospace industry experience is highly desirable
* US DoD security clearance is highly desirable
* High School Diploma / GED or equivalent required
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.