2 months ago
Composite Mechanic, Everett, WA
PAE, Everett, Washington, United States of America
Tuesday, May 21, 2019
SUMMARY: Repair, overhaul and modify commercial aircraft accessory components and component piece parts as necessary. May occasionally be required to perform other duties or responsibilities in addition to or in conjunction with typical work functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (General):
* Accomplish assigned repair, overhaul and/or modification to include assembly, disassembly, inspection and functional testing tasks as assigned by leadership while utilizing current approved/accepted technical data, component maintenance manuals, overhaul manuals, engineering orders or technical drawings
* Provide necessary support to aid engineering during development of repair work scope, tooling and test fixture design as necessary.
* Order parts and materials required for specific jobs assigned utilizing current parts procurement systems.
* Maintain current and up-to-date work orders, shop travelers, and/or work documents including all pertinent paperwork related to work accomplished prior to shift change or work stoppage.
* Adhere to and uphold current company standards for production performance, housekeeping, and professionalism, includes demonstrating and employing a positive and proactive approach to 5S and LEAN philosophies while working in a team environment.
* Confer with your lead or supervisor to resolve questions or problems.
* Willingness to maintain an acceptable attendance record in accordance with ATS policies.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Some travel may be required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Specific Skills):
* Repair, replace, and rebuild composite parts
* Utilize OEM and Engineering drawings to modify composite parts
* Accomplish wet lay-up repairs
* Accomplish elevated temperature repairs
* Understand quote process
* Knows all standard chemicals, epoxies, sealants, resins, pre-pregs, composite repair materials and their associated MSDS
Duties shall include observing all company, health, safety and environmental rules, ensuring that employees are provided with full information on area specific safety orientation, identify all unique hazards, and provide employees with the proper equipment to carry out their jobs in a safe manner. Also, the entire work area must be routinely inspected so as to maintain a high standard of housekeeping and low incidence of physical hazards and all accidents must be promptly reported.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE (general):
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to read, speak and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. (in the English language)
* Ability to demonstrate mechanical aptitude working at the component level.
* Ability to read and interpret technical manuals, drawings and documents for product specifications such as applicable repair criteria, dimensions and tolerances and assure conformance to published specifications and standards.
* Ability to use measuring equipment (e.g. micrometers, calipers, etc.) to inspect parts for conformance to OEM specifications.
* Possess a basic understanding of aircraft systems and components including a fundamental concept of how the two interrelate.
* Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry as related to the aerospace industry
* Ability to solve basic problems and perform computations related to proportions, percentages, unit conversion, volume, area, circumference, torque and force.
* Basic knowledge of computers.
* Ability to inspect and verify conformance of finished work piece to OEM specifications before release.
EDUCATION AND /OR EXPERIENCE:
* High school diploma or equivalent
* 2 years related work experience OR equivalent combination of experience and/or training.
* Airframe or airframe and power plant license preferred
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND DEXTERITY:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to sit; use their hands and arms; and talk or hear; and focus on objects close up. The employee will also be required to stand; walk; and sit. The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
Normal business office conditions generally prevail. The noise level is usually low to moderate. Employee may be working in a cubicle, enclosed office, or open area. Floor may be carpeted or bare.