4 months ago
Component Engineer Associate
Job ID: 466292BR Date posted: Jan. 15, City: Huntsville, King of Prussia, Littleton, Sunnyvale, Titusville State: Alabama, California, Colorado, Florida, PennsylvaniaProgram: Specialty
Description:Conducts or participates in the research, design, development, and testing of COTS or custom computing hardware and/or other electrical components. Develops designs for the installation of components and assemblies into chassis, racks, cabinets,workstations, customer facilities, and/or shelters. Plans, directs, reviews and coordinates preparation of project documentation to ensure customer contract and company requirements are met. Prepares specifications, evaluates vendors, and analyzes test reports.
• Bachelors degree from an accredited college in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Engineering Physics, Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related background, or field of study.
• Formal coursework, training, and/or experience in the design, analysis, and/or construction of electrical components and circuits.
• Familiarity with electronics and/or semiconductor physics and operation of devices such as integrated circuits, transistors, diodes and capacitors is highly desired.
• Specific expertise in active and passive EEE (Electrical, Electromagnetic and Electromechanical) parts.
• Ability to multi-task, handle shifting priorities and timeline pressure to meet project deadlines.
• Knowledge of engineering specification requirements and interpretations is desirable.
• Working knowledge of mechanical and/or electrical design, production/manufacturing, materials and processes is a plus.
• Must be able to work well virtually with other sites.
• Working knowledge of MS Office Suite and SharePoint is highly desired.
• Works well in a team environment.
• Strong writing, presentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: 4 yr and up College Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE Relocation Available: Possible Career Area: Hardware Engineering Clearance Level: None Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2 Shift: First