Line Up Aviation is a world leader in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace professionals and has been operating for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry's best known companies who demand the very highest standard of applicants.
Commercial Planning & Delivery Manager
Our client is a cargo airline offering customers the highest levels of service, and all delivered by their highly knowledgeable and experienced team of air cargo professionals.
Due to the airlines growth and an internal reorganisation the opportunity has arisen for an experienced Commercial Planning & Delivery Manager to join the airline. Reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer this role will develop and distribute commercial targets to global sales teams and GSAs, to drive and support delivery of volume and revenue targets, to monitor performance and identify revenue delivery initiatives to meet & exceed targets.
Commercial Planning & Steering
- Drive the implementation of our Commercial Planning & Delivery function internally as well as externally with our GSAs and partners
- Implement a planning process for sales that takes clients commercial and budgetary gaols and turns them into clear objectives, initiatives and actions
- Provide revenue targets and support the financial planning process
- Drive and co-ordinate achievement of commercial plans
- Monitor pricing activity and support the regions in tender processes
- Evaluate capacity deals (regional, network wide)
- To represent our client and present at sales team meetings worldwide
- Work with global sales teams to develop and embed the required level of data-led sales into our planning and tactical activity
- Drive the opportunities to the sales teams for conversion
- Improve the understanding and targeting of the diverse customer base globally through data and segmentation
- Ensure appropriate pricing and billing guidelines and controls are in place across the network and that the commercial team play an effective role in complying with these guidelines and controls.
- Increase delivery speed and our impact from calls to action
- Evaluate the success of our sales initiatives and commercial tools
- Continuously seek to improve and codify best practices
- Monitor customer performance, and identify opportunities to increase customer support
- Provide thought-leadership in developing hypothesis on opportunities to improve sales performance and strategy
- Assure insightful commentary delivered to senior staff on weekly performance (past/forward) by direct reports
Understand and keep abreast of the market conditions, customers, capacity; research and analyze markets, channels, competitors and industry trends to identify opportunities and threats
You must be able to demonstrate the rights to work and live in the UK.
- University degree or equivalent, Excellent standard of English - second language desirable
- Experience in roles within commercial organisations
- Strong record of sales process management
- Cultural awareness & understanding in entrepreneurial environment
- Strong understanding of key metrics (revenue, yield, share) and tools such as Tableau, SQL, Excel and Salesforce.com
- Excellent command, incl. advanced functionalities, of Excel and PowerPoint
- At least 5 years' experience in commercial, sales or rev. mgm't roles
- Aviation industry experience desirable but not essential
- Experience in managing across organisational boundaries, Experience in managing a small team
- Based: London Heathrow Airport (close to)
- Salary: c£55,000
- Job type: Permanent
Due to the number of applications we receive, it's not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion