10 months ago
We're Auckland Airport. The chances are you've already met us, driven into or flown out of our airport, or at least know friends or family who have. You may have wondered at times, how it all comes together. The short answer is, it's our people - The Journey Makers.
Our people come from remarkably different backgrounds, trades, and professions; we are terminal and airfield operators to property managers, engineers to carpenters, firemen to security, project managers to health and safety consultants. We are all proudly contributing to making journeys better.
Auckland Airport is going through a period of significant growth as it embarks on building the airport of the future. To deliver on our ambitious goals, Auckland Airport is looking for exceptional talent to join our Strategy, Planning and Performance team as a Commercial Performance Analyst. In this role you will be responsible for providing critical commercial finance support to the either the Aeronautical, Retail and Commercial or Shared services business units. As a business partner, the role will require you to working closely with the business units as well as across the business to drive operational and financial success. This is a great opportunity to join a high performing team in a role with real impact.
Key functions of this role:
* Partner the business unit to ensure general managers and business unit managers have robust understanding of commercial performance including the drivers;
* Provide and enhance commercial performance reporting to key stakeholders;
* Provide accurate and timely budgeting and forecasting for business units including an ability to review, analyse and challenge key forecast assumptions and performance outcomes;
* Undertake industry benchmarking and assess market trends to set benchmarks for future performance;
* Provide analysis to feed into the development of strategic initiatives, business cases and feasibility studies;
* Collaborate with the Finance team to ensure financial results are accurate;
* Assist with requirements, design and user acceptance testing of databases and business intelligence tools;
* Provide support to the annual regulatory disclosure process; and
* Build strong working relationships with multiple stakeholders across the business.
To be successful in this role you will have:
* Minimum 3-5 years business experience in a similar role;
* Track record in budgeting / business planning;
* Robust financial modelling and analytical skills;
* Sound business writing and verbal communication skills;
* Self-driven. You have superior organizational skills, integrity and great follow through on tasks. You don't get overwhelmed easily;
* Excellent relationship-building skills at all levels of the organisation with a proven track record of delivery in a multiple stakeholder environment;
* Ability to think strategically and cope with business complexity.
Applications for this role close on Monday, 8 December 2017.
If you have exceptional analytical skills, and the ability to see the big picture, are self-driven and are obsessed about results, this could be a great opportunity for you - come join The Journey Makers.