Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with many of the industry's best known companies who demand the highest standard of service and attention.
Role: Commercial Manager
My client is one of the world's largest independent providers of technical services in civil aviation. The company provides maintenance services for aircraft, components and engines. They are currently looking for Commercial Manager. The role is permanent and based in Malta.
The Commercial Manager is responsible for the account management of customers and oversees the commercial bidding and contracting function of assigned projects. He carries out the efficient management and execution of assigned projects' internal bidding process, generates competitive proposals, contracts and accurate internal financial modelling. The Commercial Manager is also responsible for the smooth transition of customers from contracting to fulfilment, the development, retention and appropriate expansion of the customer relationship. This role involves the leadership of the assigned commercial team such as estimations, event controlling, product and account management staff.
- Manage and execute internal bids, proposals and/or contracts, including the approval process, control of processing and closing of proposals, with the involvement of any needed external and internal providers, business partners or subcontractors
- Participate in group commercial, sales and operations meetings along the bid process, ensuring that there is a flow and alignment of information between the relevant functions in order to provide relevant financial, commercial and operational data as required
- Develop and implement value propositions, commercial service packaging and scoping modules for the implementation of the proposal and or contract templates
- Align with relevant stakeholders to establish robust and feasible internal and external proposals, relevant contract content and documentation during the proposal phase
- Operationally manage and control the implementation (handover and contract flow down) and execution (operational and financial performance to plan) of all contracts for assigned customers
- Act as the single point of contact for the customer, ensuring there is a clear communication link from assigned customers to operations and other areas.
- Define, manage and monitor customer account value flows (contract profitability, revenues, overdues, disputes and risks)
- Engage in customer and contract profitability reviews where required to analyse risks and opportunities and define appropriate actions to improve/retain the contract/customer and performance level
- Measure account performance relative to budgeted and forecasted account performance
- Manage the AWR Specialists and processes, monitoring the invoicing to secure revenues and to initiate and/or monitor the value flow after contract handover
- Ensure continuous improvements during contract execution and after contract termination, supporting the post mortem analysis and definition of appropriate actions and measures in joint cooperation with involved parties
- Support a well-structured collection and discussion of shortfalls along the post-sales phase and drive appropriate contributions from all lessons learned and personal experience towards the continuous improvement of processes and tasks, standards and procedures (the post mortem process)
- Support the development, implementation and monitoring of business plans, budgets and KPI's related to company performance in line with the given directives and requirements
- Lead the commercial team and support and develop the individual team players
The ideal candidate will:
- Be in possession of a university degree in economics or engineering or an equivalent qualification;
- Possess experience in an aviation MRO or a similar industry with knowledge of airline economics and/or commercial account management and/or frontend sales support;
- Have experience in issue resolution and knowledge of customer management;
- Have experience in contract management with proven negotiation skills during execution;
- Be organised having a high attention to detail;
- Possess excellent communication and presentation skills.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the number of applications we receive, it's not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
"Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at any time! Thank you for your follow!"