Looking for a Commercial Manager, our client is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defence systems in the air, on land and at sea. Their Lincolnshire Special Missions division combines state-of-the-art technology with complex air platforms to deliver customised airborne surveillance, operational readiness training and search and rescue services. In an expanding team you will act as right hand to the Accountable Manager, ensuring compliance and dealing with contract issues. You will be expected to travel to the customers site in Hurn 1-2 days every other week.
· Leading and directing negotiations on contractual Ts &Cs with new and existing customers, minimising liability/maximising profit
· Specific responsibility for Contracts for the provision of depth RAF aircraft maintenance
· Preparing and presenting bids/quotations, managing tender vetting and contract acceptance whilst mitigating risk/liability
· Compliance aligned to divisional, company and SHE Technical standards
· Experience identifying, vetting and managing intermediaries and suppliers ideally from aerospace, defence or manufacturing sectors
· Knowledge of the contract development process, contract terms and conditions is essential. As is demonstrable experience in managing risk
· Preferred - experience of UK MoD and US DoD and export contracting is ideal
· Proven relevant experience gained in a commercial discipline in a high tech industry, ideally within the aerospace/defence/manufacturing sector
· Experience of managing the commercial elements of complex and challenging projects of similar size/scope, complexity and significant budget/spend responsibility through the full development lifecycle
As an aerospace global leader delivering mission-critical technology, our client trusts their employees to draw on ingenuity and passion, leading to an empowering culture. Their Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring. This is a great Commercial Manager role based in Waddington (Lincolnshire) for a company involved in protecting borders, saving lives and enhancing the effectiveness of defence personnel. Relocation packages will be considered.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.