6 months ago
Founded in 1917, Parker Hannifin Corporation is a $14 billion, global company.
With annual sales of $14.3 billion in fiscal year 2018, Parker Hannifin is the world's leading diversified manufacturer of motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial and aerospace markets. The company has operations in 50 countries around the world. Parker has increased its annual dividends paid to shareholders for 61 consecutive fiscal years, among the top five longest-running dividend-increase records in the S&P 500 index.
Parker’s engineering expertise and broad range of core technologies uniquely positions the company to solve some of the world’s greatest engineering challenges. By partnering with customers, Parker improves their productivity and profitability and seeks new ways to solve humanity's biggest challenges.
Parker Aerospace is a global leader in the research, design, integration, manufacture, certification, and lifetime service of flight control, hydraulic, fuel and inerting, fluid conveyance, thermal management, lubrication, and pneumatic systems and components for aerospace and other high-technology markets. The company supports the world’s aircraft manufacturers, providing a century of experience and innovation for commercial and military aircraft.
Develops, modifies, applies, and maintains quality standards and evaluation methods for products and processes. Provides statistical information for quality improvements by determining and applying testing methods and criteria. Coordinates and guides technical evaluations, analysis, and related data acquisition processes to ensure division quality objectives are achieved.
1. Assesses quality performance (or cost-of-quality) using statistical and analytical methods. Devises and implements methods and procedures for inspecting, testing, and evaluating the precision, reliability, and accuracy of products, processes, and production equipment.
2. Develops and establishes quality systems and procedures, inspection plans, quality performance trends, statistical plans, cost estimates, and quality plans. Ensures that project and/or process control documentation is compliant with requirements and/or contract.
3. Assesses the cost of, and determines the responsibility for, products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications by performing statistical analyses.
4. May act as member of the Material Review Board to assure the timely processing of nonconforming material and to assist in the disposition process.
5. Develops sampling plans by applying attribute, variable, and sequential sampling methods. Develops experiments by applying factorial techniques. May develop other test procedures as appropriate for assigned products or system.
6. Evaluates process control and troubleshoots problems by establishing and maintaining statistical data. Develops and maintains statistical process controls by applying and maintaining applicable control charts. Analyzes data by completing hypothesis, normal distribution, and process capability analysis tests.
7. May perform analyses of supplier capabilities and reviews suppliers' system to assure fulfillment of contract/purchase order requirements. Participates in programs designed to improve supplier performance (e.g. training, interface with procurement).
8. Refines and enhances products and processes by applying continuous improvement and key lean manufacturing/production principles and techniques to areas of production.
9. Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and making recommendations.
10. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications, establishing industry networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; maintaining American Society for Quality certification, and/or participating in other professional associations.
11. Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, ensuring adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
12. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed. Work assignments may include cross-functional or project team responsibilities (e.g. continuous improvement).
Job Requirements: QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree (BS) in Engineering or a related technical discipline. Professional entry level position. May have limited prior industry experience or worked with direction in student internship programs. American Society for Quality certification desired.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Fundamental knowledge of state-of-the-art inspection and quality engineering/assurance techniques, procedures, instruments, equipment, theories, principles and concepts and general business operations. Fundamental knowledge of lean manufacturing/production principles and techniques. General knowledge of aerospace industry or similar industry products and legal and regulatory requirements related to field. Ability to use standard business application software and/or specialized data analysis tools. Ability to research and analyze data and develop recommendations or resolve problems. Ability to work with only general work direction and instructions regarding the scope of assignments. Ability to use considerable discretion in selecting procedures and techniques to apply to work and determine priority and order of assignments. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, blueprints and specifications. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form that may involve several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively demonstrate team member competencies and participate in goal-setting, performance feedback, and self-development activities. Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for this position.
(“Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor”)