about 1 month ago
Founded in 1917, Parker Hannifin Corporation is a $12 billion, global company.
With annual sales of $12 billion in fiscal year 2017, Parker Hannifin is the world's leading diversified manufacturer of motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial and aerospace markets. The company has operations in 50 countries around the world. Parker has increased its annual dividends paid to shareholders for 61 consecutive fiscal years, among the top five longest-running dividend-increase records in the S&P 500 index.
Parker’s engineering expertise and broad range of core technologies uniquely positions the company to solve some of the world’s greatest engineering challenges. By partnering with customers, Parker improves their productivity and profitability and seeks new ways to solve humanity's biggest challenges.
Department Marketing Statement
Parker Aerospace is a global leader in the research, design, integration, manufacture, certification, and lifetime service of flight control, hydraulic, fuel and inerting, fluid conveyance, thermal management, lubrication, and pneumatic systems and components for aerospace and other high-technology markets. The company supports the world’s aircraft manufacturers, providing a century of experience and innovation for commercial and military aircraft.
1. Identifies common raw material and component requirements for production from engineering and production specifications. Ensures accurate item master schedules and bill of materials.
2. Advises management of the status of work in progress, material availability, and potential production problems to ensure that personnel, equipment, materials, and services are provided as needed.
3. Confirms materials supply is available to meet demand. Prepares work orders or purchase requests for the production or purchase of components or parts to support master production schedule, shop load, and inventory requirements. Coordinates material movements between internal work and storage areas and/or outside processing or suppliers to ensure materials are available when needed.
4. Schedules and expedites the movement of parts by means of move orders and/or stock transfers to meet customer shipping dates. Projects hardware availability for assembly build schedule update and development of monthly sales plan objectives.
5. Analyzes inventory usage, scrap, and waste, and identifies and quantifies potential problems and causes that would impact the ability to achieve inventory level objectives.
6. Advises and assists management in resolving problems concerning overshipments, shortages, engineering changes, and cancellation of orders. Monitors component shortage status. May prepare detailed layouts of component shortage requirements on assigned programs over three-month horizon.
7. Maintains configuration control on all open orders and appropriate data files as required by division policies and procedures.
8. Coordinates cross-functional activities with Quality Assurance, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Engineering, Inventory Control, Shipping/Receiving, and Contract Administration to ensure a smooth flow of materials through the production process and consistent information regarding status and priorities.
9. Recommends changes to improve product or process efficiency and/or reduce cost using continuous improvement principles.
10. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing technical and/or trade publications, establishing networks, and/or participating in professional associations.
11. Complies with federal, state, and aerospace industry regulations; ensures adherence to requirements and advises management on needed actions. Complies with policies and procedures in Government/Commercial Practices Manual (GPM/CPM).
12. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed. Work assignments may include cross-functional or project team responsibilities (e.g. continuous improvement).
The Materials Planner ensures performance to the master production schedule to achieve division objectives for customer service, inventory levels, and configuration management. The Planner will plan, prepare, issue, and control basic production schedules and material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials timed to meet production requirements.
Education and Experience
Professional entry level position.
1. Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain or a related field achieved by July 1st, 2019.
2. Proof of a 3.2 GPA in field of stud, 3.0 GPA overall.
3. Clear, professional communications (written and verbal)
4. Excellent personal interaction skills.
5. Proven track record of leading a student organization and/or charity. Position of leadership in volunteer activities.
6. Knowledge of general manufacturing and business operations and key manufacturing resources planning theories and principles including continuous improvement methods (e.g. pull systems, process mapping, JIT).
7. General knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements related to production control.
8. General knowledge of manufacturing resource planning systems and standard business application software.
9. Ability to research and analyze data and develop recommendations or resolve problems by drawing on internal information and referring to prior decisions.
10. Ability to work with only general work direction and instructions regarding the scope of assignments and determine priority and order of assignments.
11. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports and policies.
12. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
13. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
14. Ability to effectively demonstrate team member competencies and participate in goal-setting, performance feedback, and self-development activities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most positions.
(“Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor”)