6 months ago
The Lead Engineer / Technologist will demonstrate leadership in communicating business goals, leading projects, and developing processes for coating process industrialization. Has the experience or expertise to solve problems. Ability to develop and execute objectives for self and others. The role of Lead Engineer / Technologist has the ability to effect short-term and long-term business goals.
In addition, as the Lead Engineer / Technologist, you will:
* Lead projects to support process industrialization on advanced coating processes for current and future growth engines
* Execute the design, analysis, and evaluation of assigned individual and team projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product/ program requirements
* Provide technical leadership to personnel / cross functional teams supporting assigned projects
* Implement plans with guidance to meet technical requirements of assigned components and systems
* Develop action plans with guidance to respond to issues / problems
* Lead or participate on teams assigned to address organizational initiatives and generic issues
* Recommend, with guidance, the approach to meet technical and program requirements
* Participate and present or review in technical and program reviews
* Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/ or task consistent with engineering policies and procedures
* Bachelors degree from an accredited university or college (Or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in Engineering)
* A minimum of 3 years of experience in an Engineering position
* Bachelor of Science or graduate degree in Material Science & Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, or Chemical Engineering from an accredited university or college
* Knowledge of aerospace coatings, chemical processes, and special process quality systems
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Strong technical aptitude related to manufacturing equipment and tooling design and build
* Ability to influence others and lead small teams
* Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
Evendale, Ohio is the headquarters of GE Aviation & the largest GE Aviation facility. Today over 7,500 GE employees work in this Cincinnati suburb designing, developing, & manufacturing large commercial, military, marine & industrial engines. We enjoy a full service park which includes a golf course, soccer fields and much much more! As a GE Aviation employee you'll have access to special membership rates at the park. If you are looking for a workout close to work, visit the on-site Evendale Fitness Center. This user friendly workout facility includes an indoor track, Olympic size indoor pool, weight loss programs, weight training and more. Nearby Cincinnati is a three-state, 15-county region that offers world-class assets in arts and culture, amusements, hospitality, sports & recreation. It offers all of the amenities of a large, bustling metropolis while maintaining a friendly, small town atmosphere which makes the region a remarkably flexible location filled with a wealth of opportunities & options. Click here to learn more about Cincinnati and it's beautiful suburbs!
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Working for GE Aviation is exciting & challenging. Come see what you are missing!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Ohio; Evendale
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.