MPI have a requirement for a CNC Miller with CNC Programming experience to work in Bembridge, Isle of Wight.
CNC Miller with CNC Programming experience
Employment type: Permanent
Employment basis: Full Time
Salary: £30,000 per annum
Standard Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a CNC Miller with CNC Programming experience to join our Client who are a subsidiary of our Customer, producer of one of the most successful civil aircraft ever manufactured in the UK.
Our Customer also manufactures a highly versatile, low cost surveillance aircraft type which is in use with a number of military and police operators world-wide including the UK's Army Air Corps.
Purpose of the role
Our Customers Production manufactures spare parts and assemblies for internal and external customers including new build manufacture modification kits, Part 145 MRO and Part 21 production.
- Programming, setting and running 3 axis CNC milling machines using ALPHACAM software and also via the machine control.
- Supervising staff to manufacture small batch aircraft components within time and budget.
- Programming, setting and running manual turning machines as well as operate manual milling machines and lathes.
- Plan work through the shop in a timely manner ensuring production requirements are satisfied, scheduling work and working hours as necessary whilst maintaining a positive and proactive approach to your work place activities at all times.
- Maintain equipment as required and undertaking preventative maintenance as required.
- To provide production progress reports on all machined details as and when required to the production manager.
Key Skills and Attributes:
- Communication: Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills with ability to retain composure and flexibility under pressure
- Computer Skills: Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and outlook
- Organisation: Ability to multi-task and to determine
and manage priorities to meet multiple deadlines.
- Team Working: Effective in a team and as an individual. Precise,
accurate and meticulousness. Reliable, pro-active and self-confident.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- Completed an apprenticeship in mechanical engineering, machining or tool-making
- 5 GCSE grade C or above including Maths and English
- Experienced CNC Miller with CNC Programming experience
- Experienced CNC machinist (turning & milling)
- Demonstrable experience in the use of CNC programming software is essential
- Be able to program, set and operate different machine tools
- Extensive experience of milling is essential, with additional technical
competency in turning also required
The benefits associated with this role include:
- 33 days holiday (Inclusive of bank holidays)
- Contributory pension scheme
Eligibility to join the healthcare scheme upon successful completion of
the probation period
Any offer of employment will be conditional, subject to the successful completion of the Company's Security Clearance process. This will be arranged by the Company on the candidate's behalf.
Interviews will be held week commencing 23th April 2018