about 1 year ago
This position will be responsible for all CNC machining activities, specifically running operations on DMS 5-Axis Machine.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES: include the following:
* Execute programs on a 5 axis Diversified Machine Systems (DMS) router CNC Machine.
* Undertake all aspects of CNC machine operation, including troubleshooting and maintenance, clean and maintain the machine and tools.
* Read blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
* Select, align, and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machine.
* Calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, depth and angle of cut, or enter commands to retrieve, input, write or edit computerized machine control media.
* Start and observe machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjust machine controls or control media as required.
* Confer with programmers, engineers, planners, metallurgists, or others to resolve machining problems.
* Set up and operate machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
* Write Statistical Process Control (SPC) charts.
* Uses overhead cranes and/or forklift to move parts and trim fixtures.
* Be able to work independently with limited supervision.
* Be a team player and advocate a working environment that promotes creative thinking, problem solving, and ingenuity while maintaining a high ethical standard.
* Participate in ISO, AS 9100 and other continuous improvement programs and work toward Lean manufacturing concepts.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
HS Diploma required. Technical school or some college a plus.
Minimum 5 years related CNC machining experience with at least one (1) year experience with operating 5-Axis machines.
Experience in machining carbon fiber and fiberglass parts.
Experience using CATIA V5 is preferred.
Experience composite/layup environment preferred.
SUCCESS FACTORS/CORE COMPETENCIES: include the following:
Commitment to company values and ethics
Dependability: personally responsible, completes work in a timely manner, and performs tasks accurately
Motivation: must maintain a positive attitude and strong work energy
Analytical skills: must be able to gather information and use data to determine cause and effect for complex problem solving
Communication: excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills
Initiative: plans work and carries out tasks without detailed instructions, prepares for problems or opportunities in advance, undertakes additional responsibilities
Problem Solving: ability to develop and implement new ideas to improve processes
Critical Thinking: ability to apply reasoning and logic to unfamiliar ideas and situations.
Organization: very detail oriented and always comes prepared
Strong judgment and decision making
Time management: ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and effectively deal with tight deadlines and pressure
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma certification training preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 75 pounds with or without assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
: United States-Florida-Clearwater
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran