about 1 month ago
Barnes Aerospace OEM Windsor Division has an exciting and challenging career opportunity for a CNC Lathe Machinist. This position requires experience, initiative and ingenuity and the ability to work independently to produce the highest level of quality and productivity against established standards. If you are a talented and self-motivated individual that enjoys a fast paced environment, please submit your resume for further consideration.
* Perform complex set ups, edits and operate established and NPI jobs with ensuring parts conform to specifications and requirements. Make modifications or adjustments as necessary.
* Verify dimensions using standard measuring instruments, such as micrometers, depth gauge, height gauge, and verniers.
* Read and interpret blueprints and operations sheets.
* Familiar with Lean practices, 6S, and contributing to a continuous improvement environment.
* Follow all safety requirements regarding machine operation including proper guarding.
* Work flexible hours and overtime to meet customer deadlines and commitments.
* Meet customer production scheduling requirements.
* Work with engineering department regarding material conditions, best positioning of part, tool pressure, etc. as required.
* Detect faulty operations and materials and report these along with other problems to immediate supervisor.
* Maintain good housekeeping practices on machines and in work area. Comply with all company and safety rules and regulations. Wear necessary personal protective equipment as required.
* In addition to lathe machining duties, cross training may be required to learn and perform other duties as necessary.
* Three (3) or more years of experience as CNC machinist; Aerospace experience preferred.
* Needs to be familiar with CNC lathe, Fanuc and/or Okuma controls and manual turning; ability to run multiple machines and cross train on various operations/equipment.
* Strong mathematical skills and knowledge of GD&T.
* Familiar with Statistical Process Control (SPC).
* Good problem solving ability with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively to solve complex issues.
Job Location : Windsor, Connecticut, United States
Position Type : Full-Time/Regular
Experience Required : 2+ to 5 years
Intended Work Schedule : 2nd Shift
NEW RESUME/CV +
EXISTING RESUME/CV +
Who do you know at
Barnes Group Inc.
Return to Search Results