5 months ago
Wednesday, June 27, 2018Apply
The CNC Bench Mechanic performs the production processes required to operate the CNC equipment, and to trim, finish, and produce quality parts. This individual generally requires minimal supervision to perform at the standard and produce minimal scrap.
Contract position with the potential for hire.
Kaman Composites Wichita
1650 S. McComas
67213 Wichita, KS
Essential Functions, Duties, and Responsibilities
This position may involve knowledge of confidential information. Such information will be handled with the utmost discretion.
This position may perform one or all of the job duties within this classification: CNC and Bench Mechanic. This position will be cross-trained to perform any or all of these responsibilities, in addition to other duties and responsibilities assigned.
* Sets up tools for production.
* Reads and understands the applicable NC programs, in order to produce quality parts as outlined in the customer specifications.
* Reads and pulls blueprints and customer specifications.
Bench Mechanic Responsibilities:
* Deburrs parts as required.
* Cleans parts as required.
* Rough trims parts as required.
* Uses the bandsaw on parts as required.
* Routes parts as required.
* Sands parts as required.
* Bonds parts as required.
* Uses the tablesaw on parts as required.
* Uses the drill on parts as required.
* Rivets parts as required.
* Performs handwork on parts as required.
* Reads blueprints to perform required work.
* Works from planning with minimum help from the lead or supervisor.
* Assists in moving parts and tools from one area to another as required.
* Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
* Reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
* Maintains highest standards of quality and quantity.
* Records required information on planning.
* Participates in Kaizen events.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Ability to use and understand simple and more complex measuring tools.
* Ability to interpret visual aids.
* Perform basic shop math.
* Read and write well enough to understand planning and to record required information into company systems.
* Ability to operate a forklift.
* Ability to use a PC to record required information, clock in and out of jobs, etc. Ability to train others on the use of the company systems.
* Ability to use and repair basic and more complex hand tools effectively.
* Ability to work well with others and in a team environment.
* Ability to receive instructions and retain the required information.
* Ability to receive constructive criticism.
* Ability to communicate well with others.
* Must be able to bond parts.
* Must be able to read, understand and interpret blueprints and customer specifications.
* Must be able to read, understand and apply applicable NC programs.
Education and Experience
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Two to three years of experience in a manufacturing operations environment is preferred.
* Ability to set up machines for complex programs
* Basic experience using a PC and company systems.
* Must qualify as a U.S. Person as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) in order to access export controlled technology.