5 months ago
About the Organization
Astronics Corporation (NASDAQ: ATRO) serves the world's aerospace, defense, and semiconductor industries with proven, innovative technology solutions. We work side-by-side with customers, integrating our array of power, connectivity, lighting, structure, interior, and test technologies to solve complex challenges. For 50 years, we've delivered creative, customer-focused solutions with exceptional responsiveness. Today global airframe manufacturers, airlines, military branches, completion centers, and Fortune 500 companies rely on the collaborative spirit and innovation of Astronics.
We offer our breadth of technology solutions and services through 11 subsidiary business units and numerous award-winning product brands. Serving our customers is our first priority, and every day we honor this mission with quality, partnership, and energetic global vision.
CMM Operator (PECO)
Astronics-PECO, located in Clackamas, Oregon, designs and manufactures highly engineered commercial aerospace interior components and systems for the aerospace industry. We specialize in Passenger Service Units (PSUs) which incorporate air handling, emergency oxygen, electrical power management and cabin lighting systems. We also manufacture a wide range of fuel tank access doors that meet stringent strength, fuel sealing and anti-corrosion requirements.
The purpose of this position is to inspect material, products or processes purchased or manufactured to the required blue prints, specifications and/or other controlling information or documentation. Specific focus will be CMM programming and operation for start-ups and in-process inspection.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Will include the following duties and others as assigned.
* Inspection of jobs and/or products in coordination with manufacturing, planning, engineering and warehouse.
* Setup, program and operate CMMs.
* Setup and operate physical properties test equipment.
* Maintain inspection files and completion of inspection documentation.
* Layout reference points on sample parts and verify dimensions against blueprints and specifications.
* Create new inspection records and folders.
* Establish work priorities through review of the dispatch and hot list.
* Completion of first article inspections and/or review and evaluations of vendor prepared first articles.
* Performs inspection conformity for FAA Repair Station work orders to required documentation.
* Operates micrometers, dial and digital calipers, veneer and thread gauges, go/no-go pins and other measuring tools and equipment.
* Attends Quality Manual Standards Training and applies Quality Standards accordingly.
* Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
* Reports consistently to work and is on time. Able to work overtime as required.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND/OR ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below each are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
* Previous experience and training with CMMs required.
* Skilled in GD&T.
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations where standardization exists.
* Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
* Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
Competitive benefits for this union position include full medical benefits, pension, paid vacation and 11 paid holidays.
PECO is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We provide a drug free work environment requiring all employees to pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal records check. Local candidates are preferred.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.