8 months ago
Classified Data Handling Facility Officer
Specific Job Description
* To be the SWSB SCU Classified Data Handling Facility Operator, responsible for the safe custody and routing between HMNB(C), SSBNs, TTF and SWPT of all FCS Media protectively marked SA and below (with the exception of UKSF produced FCS Training Targeting Data Media which is handled by COMFASFLOT).
* To ensure receipt and issue of 6monthly SSPED/TIDB Navigation Disks in conjunction with corresponding SCU Library documentation.
* To Replenish and maintain sufficient stocks of FCS Media and NAV Software.
* To action the return and receipt of Classified Keys and Cores between SSBNs and USA
* To assist in the SCU Library with control and issue of documentation.
* To be the responsible person for maintenance and issue of drawings within SWSB
* Accountable for ensuring all key responsibilities are carried out in accordance with the applicable Work Instructions and related SWS Policies and Procedures.
* To operate SWSB SCU CDHF function, liaising with customers and suppliers to ensure that all software requested is received and supplied in a timely manner.
* To conduct periodic inspections of software and allowance iaw T2351 ensuring that minimum stock levels are maintained and that replenishments are requested without delay.
* To arrange for all returned, superseded or corrupt FCS Media to be returned to UKSF.
* To facilitate the issue and receipt of Classified Keys and Cores between SSBNs and USA.
* To hold global stocks of NAV software containers, issuing to SSBNs iaw allowances and hastening returns.
* To ensure timely receipt and issue of 6monthly SSPED/TIDB Navigation Disks in conjunction with corresponding SCU Library documentation.
* To oversee the on site destruction of superseded Navigation Software up to SA.
* To maintain database of security combination changes ensuring that custodians are notified and hastened when combinations require to be changed.
* To be a Classified Books Officer (CBO) and assist in the SCU Library with control and issue of documentation
* To be familiar with duties of other posts within the SCU and to support SCU administration tasks ie Conference Room bookings, and any other admin duties directed by SWS126.
* To ensure that I understand and apply my responsibilities with regard to the Company’s Environment, Health, Safety, Security and Quality Standards.
* To control access to SWSB, issuing SWSB permanent and regular visitors passes and raising visitor acquaints for daily visitors, ensuring the MOD guard is kept up to date with visitor lists.
* To compile and maintain SWSB access lists for regular maintenance personnel and SSBN crews.
* To compile and maintain SWSB access lists for SWSB ensuring those lists are available.
* To oversee the maintenance and issue of drawings held within SWSB, ensuring that drawings are and issued correctly.
Job Reference Number
Hours Per Week
United Kingdom (UK)
Lockheed Martin UK – Strategic Systems (LMUK SS) is the single contractor providing specialist Waterfront In-Service Support to the Royal Navy's Trident Strategic Weapon System (SWS). The company plays a supporting role in the operational readiness of the nation's nuclear deterrent on board VANGUARD class Trident Submarines and provides the Ministry of Defence (MoD) with safe, efficient and responsive support. LMUK SS, as part of the ABL Alliance with AWE and Babcock, is also responsible for the management of operations at the Royal Naval Armaments Depot Coulport (RNAD(C)). Looking to the future, LMUK SS supports the joint US and UK submarine design efforts in New London Connecticut and Barrow-in–Furness.
Clearance Required for Role
Graduate, Intern or Apprentice Vacancy?
Required skills, qualifications and experience
1. Proven admin experience in a highly regulated industry.
2. Competent User in PC based systems with good knowledge of MS Office.
3. Ensure safe operation of manual handling.
4. Ability to adapt to ever changing priorities and deadlines.
5. Ability to work as part of a team.
6. Ability to use initiative and meet objectives unsupervised.
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
1. Experience of SWS systems and controls
2. Knowledge of JSP 440, ACO130, CB 8890, T2351 and Work Instructions (WIs).
3. Takes initiative to ensure objectives are achieved within sphere of responsibility.
4. Willing to work effectively with others towards common goals at short notice to ensure that all priorities and deadlines are met
5. Work effectively with customers and suppliers to realise shared objectives.
6. Be able to analyse and interpret information and present clearly and concisely
7. Is ready, available and willing to get the job done (Positive ‘Can-Do’ Attitude).
8. Accountable for upholding Lockheed Martin’s Vision, Values and Code of Ethics.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.