5 months ago
Manufacturing engineering is a creative activity: manufacturing engineers design, implement, monitor and maintain manufacturing processes and work instructions.
Manufacturing Engineer consults with design engineers and works closely with the facility Planner, Expediter, Mod Team Leads, and Technicians in order to achieve the most efficient and cost effective way of producing the highest quality product possible.
Operates within 'cross-functional' teams with the manufacturing engineer involved at every stage, from design and development, to production, research and after-sales service.
Manufacturing engineers have expertise in a wide range of program/project management, manufacturing technologies, and computer and management control systems.
They apply state-of-the art technology to meet increasingly competitive business needs.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
* Requires a BS in Related Engineering Field.
* 6+ Years of experience
* In Depth experience with Circuit Card Assembly production, manufacturing process troubleshooting, and new line setup required.
* Experience with mechanical electrical assembly/ production (electronic components, mechanical package)
* Experience with new product development, product ionization, and introduction.
* Experience working with design engineers, reviewing drawings, giving input for manufacturability, transitioning to full rate production.
Nice To Have:
* Experience with APQP, FMEA, and Control Plans desired
* Experience with LEAN manufacturing techniques desired
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Organizing, planning, and establishing product lines in coordination with engineering, project management, and production support personnel
* Improving existing operations, incorporating new methods and processes
* Recommending equipment purchase and installation
* Designing high and low volume production lines
* Designing mechanical and electrical special tooling/ fixturing to support production efforts
* Investigating design/operational problems affecting production and dealing with them in a systematic, methodical manner
* Coordinating with material planners to optimize resources and scheduling activities in order to meet objectives
* Preparing manufacturing/modification documentation required for product manufacture/modification (work instructions)
* Coordinating projects as directed or necessary
* Providing appropriate manufacturing/modification data
* Running/participating in meetings with other team members
* Identifying ways to reduce production/modification costs
* Working with engineering and other appropriate departments to produce cost estimates for new designs
* Understanding and analyzing graphs and statistics and other complex information
* Giving presentations to engineers and colleagues in other departments
* Liaising with suppliers and customers as directed/required, working with regulatory bodies to ensure safety, environmental and design standards are met
* Reading specialist journals and attending training courses and industry meetings in order to keep up to date with the latest technological developments and trends within this and other branches of engineering
* Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
SNC job descriptions are meant as summarization's only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required, as this position needs to obtain U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement
To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.