8 months ago
Supervises employees who test and/or inspect products to determine compliance with specifications. Oversees final assembly installations of all products designed, manufacture, integrated and test equipment on aircraft and other platforms assemblies as required. Visually and physically inspects electrical installations. Rechecks work after adjustment, repair, and modifications. Responsible to monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures. Maintains necessary inspection logs and writes inspection reports. May delegate all assigned duties to any qualified employees as necessary, however, such delegation does not relieve the Chief Inspector of his overall responsibilities. Reports directly to the Product Assurance Manager / FAA Accountable Manager.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Responsible for planning, implementing, and directing inspection standards, methods, and procedures utilized by SNC personnel in complying with applicable regulations (FAA, EASA, DCMA, etc) and manufacturers requirements
* Ability to and responsibility to interface by all medias (written, email, verbal, electronic, face to face etc.) with other departments (Program Management, Engineering, Materials Control, Quality Control, Quality Assurance, Safety, Human Resources, etc.) to communicate changes in schedules consisting of but not limited to flight, production, and personnel/staffing
* Responsible for the number and type of qualified SNC personnel to properly and adequately perform inspection functions and is responsible for the selection, administration, training and performance of the inspection personnel
* Directs the Quality Department to ensure that maintenance and inspection functions are compliant In accordance with company policy and applicable regulations (FAA, EASA & DCMA)
* Provides oversight of the Repair Station Operations and is responsible for insuring modifications and maintenance performed by SNC's Repair Station is in accordance with airworthiness standards of the FAA and company policies
* Perform assigned inspection functions in accordance with SNC and manufacturer's inspection procedures to ensure that aircraft are maintained to the prescribed standards of airworthiness and serviceability for all scheduled operations
* Oversee repair, maintenance, and modification of systems used for aircraft navigation and radio communications, weather radar systems and instruments and computers that control flight, engine and other primary functions
* Inspect component exchanges covered by work cards during other maintenance functions
* Certify the aircraft airworthiness after an inspection by signing the aircraft release
* Ensure that all inspections are performed as required of all scheduled / unscheduled maintenance, aircraft modifications or component changes to ensure that approved equipment and materials are being utilized and high standards of workmanship are being attained
* Submit recommendations for the elimination of recurrent mechanical deficiencies determined during aircraft inspection procedures and the elimination of unnecessary maintenance procedures as determined by practical experiences
* Recommend discipline and when appropriate conduct employee counseling sessions for non-compliance with SNC policies and procedures
* Monitor time cards and ensure data matches the data entered in the Deltek time system
* Responsible for interpreting and answering questions relating to drawing/prints and when appropriate provide approval of drawing changes
* Responsible for ensuring the necessary on-the-job training for direct employees and contract workers assigned as Aircraft Inspectors, Receiving Inspectors and Floor Inspectors
* Responsible to coordinate work with other disciplines on aircraft production issues
* Monitor compliance with company procedures concerning DCMA 8210.1
* Ensure aircraft maintenance is being performed in accordance with applicable technical data, SOPs and FAA regulations
* Ensure compliance with all environmental health and safety policies/procedures
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
* Other duties as assigned
* Responsible for timely execution of all personnel-related activities such as Time Sheet completion, Performance Evaluations, Salary Reviews, Succession Planning, etc.
* Responsible for leadership oversight and for ensuring Department/Team training
* Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
Note: This position may be considered a safety-sensitive position depending on business area requirements.
* SNC job descriptions are meant as summarization’s only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
* High School / GED required. BA/BS preferred in related field
* 5+ years of related experience
* A&P with an I/A endorsement
* Superior problem solving and project management skills; capable of influencing change without direct authority
* Strong team building, interpersonal, consulting and meeting management skills; ability to motivate and energize others
* Excellent communication skills; the ability to write reports, business correspondence and process instructions
* Ability to work independently and make appropriate decisions
* This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs to obtain U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement
* To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.