Cobham Helicopter Services has an exciting opportunity for a Chief Helicopter Flying Instructor (PPL/CPL(H)) and EASA Form 4 Holder. You will be part of the development of its new Cobham Helicopter Academy at Newquay in Cornwall, in which Cobham Helicopter Services is developing its existing EASA Approved Training Organisation to include PPL(H), CPL(H), FIC(H) and IR(H) training.
Cobham will be adding Guimbal Cabri G2 helicopters to the Academy's AW109, AW139, AS350 and B412 fleet with PPL/CPL/IR training courses contracted to start in Q3 2018. This role is based at our Newquay site in Cornwall
As a Chief Helicopter Flying Instructor your skills and qualifications will include:
- Require a minimum of EASA CPL(H) with FI(H), FE(H)(PPL & CPL);
- Additional relevant qualifications such as FIC(H) and IRI(H) will be advantageous.
- Candidates must have previous Form 4 post-holder experience and have the potential for the ATO Head of Training role in due course.
As a Chief Helicopter Flying Instructor your responsibilities will include:
- The successful delivery of the Cobham ATO capability in support of CHA tasking.
- As the senior civil-qualified pilot at CHA, providing professional advice on EASA/UK CAA-regulated civil flight operations
- Reporting to higher management any factors likely to affect personnel or aviation safety.
- Ensuring that optimum manning of the ATO component is maintained, especially in respect of qualification, experience and recency, and available to meet the CHA training task.
- Complying with Policies and Procedures issued by the Company, including Company Departmental and General Procedures and any local instructions, if issued.
- All aspects of ATO personnel management such as welfare, discipline, holiday management, sickness management, compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Maintaining a close working relationship with other key stakeholders in the CHA organisation (such as the CFI(CFAOS), Site Coordinator, Chief Engineer, Operations Controller) with a focus on safe, smooth-running, effective and efficient functioning of the CHA.
- The CFI (ATO) is responsible to the ATO Head of Training for:
- Establishing, developing and maintaining the relevant parts of the ATO approval (through the ATO document set), in consultation with the Head of Training, in order to meet regulatory requirements and to meet the expected training requirements.
- Managing and delivering safe and compliant ATO operations in accordance with Company approvals.
- Acting as the ATO and Company technical specialist on the Guimbal Cabri G2 helicopter and any other aircraft or simulation device deployed to ATO operations at CHACobham Helicopter Services, which is part of Cobham Aviation Services,
- provides helicopter operations, training and support for defence, government and commercial customers around the globe. Our helicopters and personnel are available to meet the challenges associated with helicopter operating conditions and contribute to increased government, military and commercial helicopter capability. We ensure high levels of safety, reliability and maintainability, whilst being responsive and flexible to changing demands. Our solutions include the provision of innovative contracting models, seamless capability delivery and a highly skilled, experienced team.
Cobham Aviation Services combines superior performance, extensive aviation knowledge and advanced technology to provide specialist aviation solutions to defence, government and commercial customers worldwide. We are proud to partner with leading organisations and suppliers to deliver high quality, innovative aviation solutions. Our expertise, speed to mobilise and flexibility enables us to consistently meet the needs of the most discerning customers.
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.
Click here to find out more about us and or check out our LinkedIn company page