about 1 month ago
Chief Engineer - Weapons and Sensors Programs
Chief Engineer – Weapons and Sensors Programs
We are a company of innovators, game changers, and entrepreneurs. As a prime contractor, we provide a broad range of communication, electronic and sensor systems used on military and commercial platforms across the globe. We embrace innovative and progressive ideas to advance our products for military and commercial customers. Electronic Systems Segment (ESS) provides a broad range of aerospace systems, security and detection systems, and pilot training. We are searching for a Chief Engineer in our Advanced Systems & Technologies (AS&T) division, located in Plano, TX.
L3 AS&T is built on the proposition that a small team of the right people can do what others will not even attempt. We specialize in developing disruptive, next-generation technologies for advanced small Unmanned Air Systems (UAS / UAV), advanced radar systems, next-generation weapon systems, and other RF sensor technologies using small company agility and big company experience. We’ve earned a reputation for providing vital warfighter solutions at a faster pace than traditional DoD contractors, so if you like the idea of hands-on experience designing, building, testing and fielding new technology at a fast pace and supporting the vital missions of our warfighters, then L3 AS&T may be the company for you.
Who you are
: You have experience as a chief engineer, an Integrated Product Team (IPT) Lead, or SEIT lead. RF and radar domains are an integral part of your expertise.
What you’ll do
: As our Chief Engineer, you will be responsible for technical leadership and oversight of advanced technology development in support of the Weapons & Sensor Programs (WASP) Proximity Sensor and Seeker products. You will be the technical leader of a cross functional team of engineers in the design, development, implementation, testing, and analysis of technical products supporting complex RF sensor systems.
In this role you will be expected to effectively communicate with and manage customers, and direct the activities of an integrated product team.
You will demonstrate success by:
* Leading program engineers in the L3 AS&T Product Development Process from concept to final acceptance tests.
* Working with Program Manager, Business Area Chief Engineer, and program leadership in development and execution of program strategy.
* Overseeing an integrated product team (including Mechanical, Digital, FPGA, Analog, and RF engineers) in the HW & SW development and testing of various tactical RF sensors and subsystems.
* Directing team into exploration of new problem solution areas with novel concepts and approaches, guiding scope definition and prioritizing problems for investigation.
* Planning and leading requirements analysis, system synthesis and conceptualization, design, integration, and requirements verification activities in a design-to-cost and design-for-manufacturability environment.
* Primary point-of-contact with various technical customer suppliers and sub-contractors, with expectation of acting independently on technical matters.
* Technical responsibility for interpreting, organizing, executing, and coordinating assignments.
* Performing project planning, scheduling, and monitoring activities for cost and schedule.
* Participating in risk assessment and develop mitigation strategies for complex projects.
* Participating in technical and cost proposal writing teams providing technical solutions, development plans, technical write-ups, cost and schedule estimates and the documentation of the basis of estimate.
* Front-end systems engineering to include analysis, modeling and simulation, and system level performance prediction
* Requirements definition, flow-down and traceability for complex electronic systems
* Leading trade studies on a variety of system issues and components
* Oversight of system design verification testing efforts including planning, laboratory, chamber and field testing
* Other duties as assigned
Our Values are an integral part of who we are. We seek candidates who share our values:
* U.S. Citizenship
* DoD secret clearance with current 5-year update are required to be considered. Must have the ability to obtain any additional clearances as required.
* BSEE or equivalent required. Master’s degree in disciplines such as systems engineering or electrical engineering desired.
* Physical requirements include the ability to travel up to 20% to support field testing, and the ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
Required experience and skills:
* 10 years of relevant experience in system engineering working RF requirements development, analysis, design, integration, verification and test
* Minimum of 5 years of DoD experience
* Experience in technical leadership of technology development programs
* Experience working in system architecture development
* Experienced in trade studies and requirements definition, flow down, and traceability
* Strong leader with customer focus
* Understanding of EVMS metrics
* Design-to-Cost and Design-for-Manufacturability development
* Doors, Matlab, and MS Project
* Ability to derive and decompose radar requirements including dynamic range, phase noise, and sensitivity
SAVING LIVES AND MAKING THE WORLD A SAFER PLACE TO LIVE
L3 Technologies, Inc. is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3 provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. L3 maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.
US Security Clearance Required
Day - 1st
Yes, 25 % of the Time
AS&T - Radar & Weapon Systems-21001080
May 11, 2019, 12:30:24 AM
Email this job
To access this job from another device, Email this information to yourself.
Name should not be empty
Recipient’s email address
Email should not be empty
Please enter a valid Email
Email has been sent sucessfully
No locations found