Tornado Chief Engineer Munitions Maintenance
BAE Systems is the UK Government’s nominated Prime Contractor under the Government-to-Government arrangements that are in place to provide equipment, support and training to Saudi Arabia. We provide maintenance of Royal Saudi Air Force (RSAF) aircraft and train RSAF personnel safely in a training environment in how to use their aircraft, equipment and weapons. For such maintenance training, The Chief Engineer Munitions Maintenance is responsible to the Base Armament & Munitions Squadron Commander for the efficient and effective management of resources including the training of assigned RSAF personnel. The post is also responsible to the Senior Maintenance & Training Manager (Advisor to the Logistics Wing Commander) for best practice and duty of care of BAE Systems personnel assigned to the department.
Armament and Munitions (A&M) is responsible for a large number of specialised munitions systems that are critical to the operational role of the RSAF. As well as being responsible for the storage, transportation, maintenance and repair of current munitions A&M are also responsible for issue, receipt and inspection of munitions to and from the Flight Line.
To assist and advise A&M staff in these activities the CE Muns must have the following attributes:
- Must hold an HNC or equivalent in Weapons Ordnance, Munitions and Explosive (WOME) or related discipline: or have completed a recognised OME engineering apprenticeship with a known OME manufacturer or received the required training from a military environment.
- Proven experience of working in a WOME or military aircraft environment in Saudi Arabia at a Supervisory level.
- Extensive knowledge of current weapons and WOME issues including subjects such as: explosive safety, storage and handling and transportation regulations.
- Advise the Base Commander, Base Armament Munitions Commander and the Tornado / F15 AGF Commanders on all munitions licensing and explosive safety regulations IAW with RSAF current policies.
- Analyse technical reports such as TCTOs, TPDIRs and determine actions for improving work methods and repair techniques.
- Compile and present reports on munitions items both of UK and USA origin as required by the Munitions Squadron Commander.
- Carry out Weekly and Monthly reports on the Munitions Area and Explosive Buildings and Explosive quantities for the Munitions Squadron Commander.
- Act as a counterpart trainer when required for the Munitions Squadron Commander or any deputising RSAF Officer.
- Implement HR policies regarding sickness and absence procedures in line with manpower management practices. Organise leave, along with English Language courses and PDR courses.
- Attend Heads of Department Meetings, SHE meetings and also General Mangers Meetings.
- Implement and manage SHE policy plan attending monthly meetings and updating the policy plan and sending monthly returns to the SHE manager EA.
EXPATRIATE EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
In return for the required high levels of commitment and hard work you will receive a competitive salary, rent free accommodation, with access to free recreation facilities, all available within Company secured accommodation. In addition, a generous leave and travel allowance makes this an opportunity not to be missed.
On successfully securing a role your appointment to Saudi Arabia will initially be on single status. On commencement of employment in Saudi Arabia you will have the opportunity to apply to have your family join you in the future. A full health care scheme is provided within Saudi Arabia.
At BAE Systems, we provide some of the world’s most advanced, technology-led defence, aerospace and security solutions and employ a skilled workforce of some 82,500 people in over 40 countries. Working with customers and local partners, we develop, engineer, manufacture and support products and systems to deliver military capability, protect national security and people and keep critical information and infrastructure secure.
All appointments in Saudi Arabia are subject to receipt of all necessary Government and/or Customer approvals.