11 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
As part of the Sensors & Integrated Systems (SIS) team, you'll help develop* the next generation of more intelligent, more integrated and more reliable solutions that enhance aircraft safety and performance in the most rigorous flight conditions. We have 100 years of experience, a phenomenal product portfolio, state-of-the-art test labs and the resources to make your ideas shine. Come soar with us.
UTC Aerospace Systems employs approximately 42,000 people worldwide with approximate annual sales of ~$14 billion.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
* Responsible for overall management of all quality systems at our Cheshire, CT manufacturing facility
* Manage quality staff and provide support for the manufacturing operations.
* Manage internal project reporting for the reduction of CoPQ and DQ. (Cost of Poor Quality and Delivered Quality)
* Establish and maintain a Quality Assurance Standard and Program that monitors, identifies, records and recommends possible solutions of any non-conformities and/or inconsistencies relating to the manufacturing process, final product, and quality system.
* Assist in formulating and establishing new products that coincide with the current market or customer demands.
* Works closely with the Plant Manager, Production Lead Manager, Engineering, and CSR personnel to maintain information on customer demand and needs.
* Provide customer requested documentation including but not limited to Quality Improvement Plans and complete customer questionnaires. Act as point person for Level 1, 2 & 3 audits.
* Contribute to overall Company quality initiatives, collaborating with other plants within the SIS Group (Sensors and Integrated Systems)
* Train and develop Quality Engineers to ensure a culture of Continuous Improvement (C.I.) within the plant Quality Department
* Responsible for implementation of necessary resource & identifying training needs within the plant QA area
* Leads plant Management Review process to identify improvements and monitor progress of C.I. activities
* Confers with Engineering and Manufacturing personnel to assist with resolution of any internal or external quality concerns (including: scrap, suspect material, non-conforming material requiring deviation, etc.)
* Ensures the maintenance, updating & compliance to specific requirements necessary to support the business model (e.g. AS9100, ISO 14000, Customer-specific requirements, etc.)
* 5 years of operations leadership roles with experience in a Quality leadership position desired.
* A strong background in QMS and application of measurement, analysis & CI tools.
* Strong operations background suitable to the facility production processes.
Demonstrated problem solving skills, RCCA.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
·BA/BS degree w/6–10+ years experience
· MA/MS degree w/4–7+ years experience
· PhD degree w/2–4+ years experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.