6 months ago
SAFRAN Consulting is an affiliate of SAFRAN and provides internal consulting services in process improvement, change and project management to SAFRAN and its Suppliers. His / Her main mission is to lead Safran towards excellence in terms of performance and customer satisfaction. This structure is approximatively 40 people based in France, US and Mexico with a wide range of application in the worldwide footprint of SAFRAN.
Being part of SAFRAN Consulting is unique opportunity to share your expertise, build and deploy excellence methods in management and organization in the Aviation and Defense fields, develop new skills and discover the group while in contact with the key decision makers at SAFRAN in North America. It is an open door to other challenging positions in the Group.
As Consultant for SAFRAN Consulting, you will be responsible for multiple projects in term of quality, cost, and deadlines agreed between the customer and SAFRAN Consulting.
* - Mission management (contents, costs and deadline) and reporting to the Practice Leader
* - The quality of the execution of mission' for the customer
* - Preparation of the proposal for the customer
* - The organization and the work quality provided by the consultant(s) in accordance with the cost targets (number of actual days worked vs budget) and validated deadlines in the commercial proposal (mission progress, economic project/mission follow-up, subcontractors piloting)
* - Customer satisfaction monitoring and measurement
* - The consultant's skills improvement (training, need for the possible reinforcement of a senior consultant on a particular point…) decided by the Practice Leader and the Manager involved
* -- The customer relationship which he/she maintains during a mission or during an exchange within the Group; thus, he/she contributes to Safran Consulting's image and development
* - The application of the Safran Management System as well as reporting any deviation encountered in his/her missions
* - Regular updates of accounting and expenses reports
* - His/her proactive skills improvement in the areas identified the consultants annual review
* - The sharing of the best practices based on internal and external experience
* - The transfer of the consultant's know-how and tools to colleagues and clients (retex, Crazy Fridays, tutoring…)
* - Communication of the information received during missions regarding their respective areas to the Practice Managers and their Manger
* - Active monitoring and appropriation of standards and best practices
* - The weekly update of Safran Consulting's workload-capacity file
Minimum: BS/BA in Business/Engineering or equivalent
Preferred: MS in Organization Change Management or equivalent degree
* - Significant experience in organizational projects (organization design or redesign, Merger & Acquisition, restructuring …) and operational transformation (operational excellence, operating system, performance improvement …).
* - Deep knowledge and practice of tools and referential for change management (strategy alignment, development and implementation of Change and communication strategy, impact analysis …)
* - Knowledge in project management, capacity to lead a project (from customer requirements to implementation).
* - Capacity to animate and drive seminars and workshops
* - Coaching of executive teams in order to improve is required
* - Ability to foster open communication within the zone with company leaders as well as Senior and Executive Level employees
* - Strong sense of customer service
* - Excellent organizational and leadership skills
* - Possess Global & Cultural Awareness
* - Demonstrate and lead with a positive attitude and a customer service spirit
* - Ability to efficiently manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
* - Demonstrate initiative and ownership of projects
* - Strong organizational and analytical skills and attention to detail
* - Self-motivated and proactive
* - Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
* - Ability to influence and guide leadership and employees
* - Experience in Aerospace, Production and Project Management, fields are desired
* - carries out the mission in accordance with the proposal and the exchanges validated with the Practice Manager
* - informs the Practice Manager and his/her Manager in case of specific problems
* - is involved in the customers' needs satisfaction delivery and monitoring
* -- Monitors the application of safety rules on the mission
* - During the mission, he/she holds regular feedback sessions with the consultants
* - Updates the business news regularly
* - When the project/mission ends, he/she assesses the mission with the consultant(s) in order to measure the performance of each consultant involved in the mission. This evaluation (cf. mission/project evaluation sheet) will be sent to the relevant Manager.
* - He/she ensures the capitalization of return on experience during the mission reviews
The consultant contribute and led projects concerning organizational changes and operational transformation. He/she masters methods and associated processes for this kind of project, including key deliverables (organization/governance procedure, impact analysis, organizational charts, competences referential, handbooks …). He/she can therefore ensure a full understanding of customer stakes, requirements and needs.
Requested missions can be focused on operational organization, design and implementation of new tools as well as customer support on his/her strategic plan.
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 58,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2017. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
In February 2018, Safran took control of Zodiac Aerospace, significantly expanding its aircraft equipment activities. Together with Zodiac Aerospace, Safran has more than 91,000 employees and would have around €21 billion in adjusted revenue (pro forma 2016).
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.